Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance [And be really bad at it]

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Which are the best classes? WHAT SHOULD I AIM FOR?
    Blue Mages are amazingly versatile if you're patient enough to build them, they learn the attacks of monsters when hit by them if the "Learning" support tech is equipped. These techniques are incredibly varied, and allow Blue Mages to deal decent damage and inflict status effects at the same time.

For an offensive spellcaster I would recommend an Illusionist, their spells attack all enemies on screen regardless of distance. I would recommend equipping him with as many magic rings as possible, putting him in a corner, then putting a Paladin next to him. This will allow him to repeatedly screen nuke the entire enemy team whilst being guarded and out of danger. They wield the typical Mage equipment: rods, staves, and robes. They also have low movement, but that doesn't really matter, what with their screen nuking, and all.

For a support class the best IMO would be a Paladin that you've given lots of White Magic, this will allow him to do his job (Be a tank with defensive abilities) even better than a vanilla Paladin. They can wield rather strong swords and can equip heavy armor, making them decent at attacking if things come to that, but their base movement is as good as a Mage's (It sucks).

I would recommend Ninja for your main offense, their "Double Sword" support tech allows them to wield two weapons at once, and also allows them to attack twice. That along with their Jutsu (Which allows them to deal elemental damage and inflict status ailments at the same time from medium range), makes them decent in almost all situations. Their throw ability allows you to toss unused weapons at your foes from long range, they also have decent base movement which helps them close the distance on archers and the like. Ninja should have Thief abilities as their second tech choice, as their high base movement allows them to run like a French Border Guard with cleats and a coupon for cigarettes. Also, stealing doesn't cost MP and Jutsu does, meaning they won't put the Ninja's MP on double duty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I give each character 2 job classes (or 1 for the leftovers) and then send them split them up in to teams which are mostly balanced as far as offensive/magic/healing and then I rotate the teams each fight.

Doing good Kaycee!!!

Yeah, the "7h" is tile height. There are minor boosts to damage, hit, etcetera based on height. High ground is usually better. However, it also refers to tile navigation. A character trying to move from a 3h tile to a 7h tile needs at least 4 Jump (7 minus 3) in order to move between those tiles.

Also, if the height gap is too big, you won't be able to target the adjacent tile at all (which is why you can't melee people from atop cliffs). Ranged attacks tend to be immune to this, but the terrain itself can block a shot, depending on how the flight path of the projectile goes. If an Archer is trying to shoot up the side of a cliff, they won't be able to give the arrow enough loft to reach over the top, and the shot will always be blocked. This is the one time the game's hit % is completely inaccurate, because it never warns you of blocked shots. You have to get used to what you can hit.

Viera Assassins are the most easily broken class in the game. They are the fastest class (which is huge), and they have excellent stats all the way around in everything else. They also get a huge array of insanely powerful abilities, and access to Greatbows for huge range. You'll want to give them Concentrate (eventually learnable by Archers once you find the right bow) as a Support Ability, and probably Sniper Abilities as their secondary command. But they are absurdly easy to overpower.

The second most easily broken is Gunners. A gun-toting Moogle, especially with Ultima Charge from the Mog Knight class, can eliminate most threats from eight tiles away. Combine this with things like Stop Shot, Charm Shot, etcetera (BTW, almost all abilities that use weapon range also ignore height blocking, so you can fire Shots straight through cliffs and walls), and you have a class that can ruin everything.

The third most easily broken is Hunters, the advanced Archer available to humans. Sidewinder utterly destroys monsters, and they get access to Greatbows, a free AOE attack, and Ultima Shot. Basically the same as a Gunner, but not quite the range.

Finally, Morphers and Blue Mages are incredibly powerful, but take a lot of dedication to get there. Nothing can really compete with these guys at full power, if you can get your units to that point.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Fun way to get silly amounts of experience in this game: Kill a monster, rez him, rinse, repeat.

I prefer the Smile-Tossing Jugglers, myself.

Two Jugglers (or any Moogle with Acrobatics as a secondary command) just spam Smile Toss at each other. It's essentially Quicken, making the target act instantly. Only it costs nothing. With the way Exp works in this game, you can just spam it back and forth between two Moogles for 10 Exp a round, and no one else will ever get to move. You can get to level 50 in a single fight if you're patient enough.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I really like throwing snowballs at Mewt at the beginning. It really sets the scene for the antagonism throughout the game.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.