Thread: Is there more you wish you would have done when leveling your first character?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Is there more you wish you would have done when leveling your first character?

As some of you know I play as a dragoon. She's awesome. When going through the game I mainly focused on the main story, side quests, and the dragoon quests.

Looking back, I should have picked up a trade like crafting or alchemy. I've got a level 50 dragoon but I don't have any skills outside of my awesome attacks.

Is there anything you wish you would have picked up when trying to level?

The beauty of this game is that you can always go back and work on low level jobs at any time.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    The beauty of this game is that you can always go back and work on low level jobs at any time.
    Very true. Especially when you're working on building a second job class. I just wish I would have got it out of the way early so that I already had those skills when I was reaching end game dungeons

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

There's not a lot I wish I'd done differently. I think that a lot of the low-level throwaway side-quests lose any sort of impact once you get your first 50 so I'm glad I did them as I was levelling PLD for the first time. Given how rubbish WARs were initially, I'm glad I waited to switch to WAR tanking.

Maybe I could've focused on one class and dumped all my soldiery into that (right now I'm half-BLM, half WAR/PLD), and some days I question whether or not I did my animus on the right class but tbh, something that a lot of people in the game forget it's not a race and it's not going anywhere anytime soon so you have plenty of time to level stuff up. I just love that you don't have to make a billion characters in order to play all the different classes.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

No regrets about anything I've done in the game tbh.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Raine Zenyphael (Sargatanas)

I'd only wish I payed more attention to some of the quests. Because I run around, gather quests and finish them weeks later...by then I forgot what it was all about.

But eh, you can't really miss anything in the game, as you can do everything with one character
    ~ Have no fear, dungeon hero X is here! Kupo! ~