Thread: FYI: PSN flash sale

Default FYI: PSN flash sale

Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon Age: Origins, and Ni No Kuni are all 5 bucks - but only for today!

I've played Ni No Kuni...it has strengths and weaknesses, but overall I enjoyed it and the story alone is worth the 5 bucks.

I just got Kingdoms of Amalur, a game I've wanted to play since I checked out the demo. So far, it's like a more animated, faster-paced Skyrim with lots of simplifications, more exciting combat, and slightly more linearity (in a good way). I'm addicted.

No clue about DA:O, but evidently it's very well regarded, so it's probably up some of y'all's alley.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dragon Age Origins is the only one I recognize by name. But do I really want to spend five bucks on a game I won't be able to play until at least August?

These are the questions that define us.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post

I just got Kingdoms of Amalur, a game I've wanted to play since I checked out the demo. So far, it's like a more animated, faster-paced Skyrim with lots of simplifications, more exciting combat, and slightly more linearity (in a good way). I'm addicted.
    Thats interesting considering the game director was the lead designer/game director for Morrowind and Oblivion. I think this might be sitting in my Steam backlog, good to know it turned out so well.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Dragon Age Origins is the only one I recognize by name. But do I really want to spend five bucks on a game I won't be able to play until at least August?

Do you really want to not spend five bucks on a game you might not want to have not played by October?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

Do you really want to not spend five bucks on a game you might not want to have not played by October?
    ToriJ is confused.

*Game Boy sound effects*

ToriJ hurt himself in the confusion.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Triple negative translation:

$5 is a low cost of entry to start preparing yourself for the upcoming release of Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bought Ni No Kuni. I've wanted it ever since I first heard of it, but I guess waiting has paid off.

And personally, I haven't played Dragon Age Tori, but it's a Bioware game (by the actual Bioware team. Not the half dozen other developers they slapped the name on after EA bought them to make customers think games were made by them when they weren't) so I can't say I'd recommend it. I know other people like it, but I've played enough Bioware games that I found exceedingly mediocre to not want to get burned again myself.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I spent like $40 on Ni No Kuni

gosh darn sales

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Bought Ni No Kuni. I've wanted it ever since I first heard of it, but I guess waiting has paid off.

And personally, I haven't played Dragon Age Tori, but it's a Bioware game (by the actual Bioware team. Not the half dozen other developers they slapped the name on after EA bought them to make customers think games were made by them when they weren't) so I can't say I'd recommend it. I know other people like it, but I've played enough Bioware games that I found exceedingly mediocre to not want to get burned again myself.
    I like Bioware, though. I just have a hard time parting with money. Except all those times I spent money just taking what I want without much thought.

I'm a complex individual with many different layers.

Can't go wrong with $5 for Ni No Kuni. The game holds your hand a bit too much but the world is awesomely crafted and the ending is surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Can't go wrong with $5 for Ni No Kuni. The game holds your hand a bit too much but the world is awesomely crafted and the ending is surprisingly good.
    I wouldn't know. I never beat that a-hole final boss.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Never heard of Kingdoms of Amalur but I have the other two. They're both great! I put like 120 hours into DAO and didn't regret it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oops. Waited too long.