Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 2014: What Can We Expect?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I want to see a Wii u Zelda that isn't hyrule warriors (although that's awesome too)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

If Final Fantasy Type-0 is announced for the West at E3 then I think I'd forgive Square Enix over the no showing of FFXV. I have no PSP or Vita now though so I'd love it if it were a HD remaster on PS3 or something! I'd buy a Vita for it though (PS4 + Vita bundle will prob get priced at E3) as ever since I played the Japanese demo I've wanted it! Buuttttt I'm sure we'll just get Agito with no mention of Type-0 so whatev.

I'm kinda hoping for Tekken 7.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd prefer Type-0 on a console personally but I've resigned myself to the fact that it may be a handheld exclusive (grr).

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

This summary is super helpful in ensuring I have my plans sorted for watching the E3 coverage. Thank you for putting in the effort!

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If they make up for no FFXV with a Type-0 announcement then I guess I'll be satisfied.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm also hoping to finally get more info about Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei. Though I am not holding my breath.

H2CkqCg.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I want to see a Wii u Zelda that isn't hyrule warriors (although that's awesome too)
    They say this is the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm also hoping to finally get more info about Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei. Though I am not holding my breath.

H2CkqCg.jpg
    It's not as though this one is a Smash Bros or heck, even a Persona 4 Arena. It's a full RPG written by ATLUS. I'm pretty sure there will be more depth to it than that.

Also, the people who work at my local Gamestop say that the company was given some official notification of the title by Nintendo near the start of the year, so it is at least still going on, and I've heard that there was going to be an E3 presentation of it, though the veracity of that is unknown.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

I wouldn't worry about that, it's going to happen. The leaked name is "Shards of Nightmares" but I don't think that's true. It will probably be the last thing they show on their Nintendo Direct or whatever they are doing this time round.

I want a release date for X and Bayonetta 2 more than anything else on this upcoming Titles.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is still an odd ball crossover and I am personally a bit horrified that the Demi-Fiend is a confirmed character, though if it's like any of his post-Nocturne appearances, he will most likely be an optional super boss since he's kind of an overpowered BS character within the MegaTen universe itself.

I'm sure the game will be interesting, I'm just kind of thrown off by how it is going to work out cause the two franchises are pretty different from a thematic scale. Fire Emblem tends to be a bit more idealistic (could be wrong about that) whereas MegaTen is decidedly cynical. It will be interesting to see where they go with this especially since I've read somewhere that whole reason the Fire Emblem director/creator wanted to do this crossover was so he could have a FE game set in a modern setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I think they've said XV and KHIII weren't going to be at this E3 for quite a while now. Maybe Square will prove to be liars and they show up anyways, but probably not.
    That's exactly what they should do to blow everyone's minds but they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I forgot to add, Hitman Sniper will also be making it's debut at E3.
    Curious about this. Wasn't the original Hitman studio working on a Hitman title as well? Not too sure what to think about the title. Sounds to me like they just looked at how successful the pre-Absolution-release Hitman Sniper Challenge minigame was and voila, "new" game concept. But I hope to be proven wrong.

Congratulations. Link's Crossbow Training II!

No?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Not sure if I can agree with that with none of the cool new things making it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Listening to the Thumb Wars guys, I kind of side with their overall Ideas.

Microsoft easily hast he most to prove this time around. After running around with their foot up their ass since last E3 between so few exclusives, the weakest first party studios, and consistent backpedaling (In all the worst ways) they need to come with a damn good showing to win anyone.

Sony needs to have a strong game showcase, especially after so many push backs, including The Order and that one racing game I don't care about.

All Nintendo needs to do is games. So long as they have a strong line up this E3 with some dates (And if the leaked lists are at all true, they will have that), they'll be just fine. Hell, Mario Kart 8's release saw a 666% increase in WiiU sales when it launched. Not in total sales, just weekly, but it's clear that Nintendo's first parties make a difference. When we have dates on the new main Zelda, the Hyrule Warriors game, Mario party 10, and then some of the more core games like Bayonetta 2, Xeno, and Shin Megami X Fire Emblem?

Nintendo probably has the most potential right now for having an awesome E3.

I agree completely with your post Neo, I don't agree with the whole "winning E3" argument gamers have every year but in terms of fans Nintendo have the most to lose this year. Mario Kart has got people talking about the Wii U again and it's up to Nintendo to keep the momentum going, so a firm release date for Smash Bros is essential and also more information on the other games you talked about, Zelda in particular.

As for Microsoft chances are they'll be relying on last years' strategy:

And yeah, Sony need to sort out their release schedule, my guess is that as of now they'll play it safe and probably not give many (if any) release dates for the games they showcase this year.