Thread: No Final Fantasy XV at E3 this year

Next-gen is a bust.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    Jiro, I completely understand your frustration XD!!!!!!! Not gonna lie when I saw this kotaku post with the kh2.5 and ff14arr posters I felt a little sadness that they aren't ff15 and kh3.

I have a question: I know TGS is in september, but what what other big events could they show/give significant information about FF15? Just curious as E3 and TGS are the only events I pay attention to.

Do you think maybe that FF15 is closer to a mid/late 2015/early 2016 release so maybe they want to do heavy promoting closer to that time?
    There is JUMP Fiesta but I think that is held around December. Most likely SE will just do their own press conference.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    What makes this even worse are rumours of something new, "not a game", that's related to Lightning. What could it be?
    The two big rumors going around is that it's either (SPOILER)that they're going to announce her role in Final Fantasy XV as a guest character or....this.

If either turn out to be true, I'm convinced Kitase and friends just love seeing fan outrage and are keeping Lightning revelant for the lulz.
    Maybe Square Enix have replaced Stella with Lightning!

But really, if that PS4 remaster of Lightning Saga is true then heads will roll.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Square Enix is a shady, selfish company who keeps demanding energy from their fans

But yeah, not kidding now. I agree with everything that you say Jiro.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Probably waiting for Jump Festa

i hope

Yeah that sucks, was looking forward to some more information on FFXV and KHIII. It seems like this E3 is more important than usual since it's the first for the new generation of consoles. What a wasted opportunity.

Guess we'll just have to wait for TGS.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> What were you guys expecting? a release date? ..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

A lack of Kingdom Hearts III information is doubly annoying, especially since that was sort of teased at the end of Kingdom Hearts II in 2005 (I know it was for another game but we were made to expect something before it was confirmed otherwise so it was basically an announcement of intent) making it arguably more of a piece of trout, but I don't feel quite as passionately about the betrayal here. I think that's partially because the mass production of Kingdom Hearts games for every console and handheld that I do not own has soured me on the entire franchise, so good work avoiding one negative reaction by implementing another?

But Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 are clearly designed as solutions to that problem, and as advertising. It is my sincere hope that Square Enix has learned something in its years of operating and takes no longer than 6-12 months to release Kingdom Hearts III after 2.5 hits our shelves because otherwise people will become just as jaded and the steam of success will diminish. SE put, what, 12 months between 1.5 and 2.5 so if it exceeds that limit then Square Enix can consider the Kingdom Hearts boat sailed for a fair few fans.

But at least I haven't felt like Square Enix were constantly telling me to care about KHIII. At least Square Enix didn't go dark and then rename the thing as if we'll forget that it was announced. I'm warmed by the idea of Yoshi-P fighting the good fight; his work on A Realm Reborn should be celebrated. The fact that he had to do so, and the fact that Square Enix hasn't adopted his ethic company-wide is incredibly disheartening, but I guess we chalk it up to ~zany older Japanese businessmen~ and wait. And wait. Deus Ex: Human Revolution's prediction was way off, though: we're probably only going to be at XVI by the time 2027 rolls around

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hate to break it to you Jiro, but since both FFXV and KHIII are being developed by the same team, KHIII probably won't be going into full on development until XV gets released meaning you time table for it's release after KH2.5 is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Hate to break it to you Jiro, but since both FFXV and KHIII are being developed by the same team, KHIII probably won't be going into full on development until XV gets released meaning you time table for it's release after KH2.5 is a pipe dream.
    THIS. Like seriously. Every single interview Nomura has done in the past 3 or 4 years he's said KHIII won't be moving forward until they finish FFXV on account of the KH team being the one developing XV.

Get it together Jiro!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    THIS. Like seriously. Every single interview Nomura has done in the past 3 or 4 years he's said KHIII won't be moving forward until they finish FFXV on account of the KH team being the one developing XV.

Get it together Jiro!
    But didn't they mention they could do both at once since KHIII was being done by the Osaka team?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    No, but SOMETHING would have been nice. We deserve to see at least a new trailer. I know they say good things come to those who wait but this is getting ridiculous! After the DK13 event in 2011 I thought "it's getting closer!"...but no.
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 06-08-2014 at 08:52 AM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    No, an alpha gameplay trailer.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post

Get it together Jiro!
    Like I said, I literally haven't given a trout about these titles since both of them have been like a decade in the making. You don't get two bites at my money. You deliver on your promises or you disappoint me. Square Enix has chosen the latter. I didn't buy XIII-2 or XIII-3 and I will likely not purchase either of these titles when/if they are released. This from someone who began to purchase every single game that carried the Square name he could find because I had loved their work. As I've said in a published article, Square Enix needs to start respecting its fans if it wants anything from us, particularly our money. If Nomura wants to stake the future of the company on two releases and then have them delayed by having a single team working on perhaps the two biggest titles they've put together, that's not my business. I haven't seen any interviews. I don't care much for Square Enix and that is a conscious choice.

EDIT: it also makes absolutely no sense to be advertising one game that is apparently two-to-three years away from release at minimum while being, once again, tight lipped on the primary game. The Kingdom Hearts train has already slowed way the smurf down, but by delaying KHIII's release until way after their nostalgia trips 1.5 and 2.5, Square Enix is basically asking us not to give a trout. Please be excited my ass. If XV is the focus, then either release it or spruik it. I don't care one way or the other but I think the smurfing marketing department needs to be fired and all of the developers given mandatory PR training so they can stop being complete morons and saying things they probably shouldn't.
    Last edited by Jiro; 06-08-2014 at 01:16 PM.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.