• Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Unhappy No Final Fantasy XV at E3 this year

As mentioned in our E3 piece at:

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....36#post3426636

So, anyone feeling vaporware yet?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I know we should be used to it by now but I was really looking forward to at the very least a new trailer.

That sucks.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Damn I just read this on Kotaku...So I hope that after-E3 event isn't a "behind-closed-doors" thing, where they show off video to the press and then like a month later release the footage to the public.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I expect they're trying to break the Guinness book of world records on longest time a game has been under development.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I expect they're trying to break the Guinness book of world records on longest time a game has been under development.
    Final Fantasy Forever.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not surprised, I am expecting a 2016 release for this game at the earliest to be honest. KHIII out before the end of this decade if we're lucky. I just hope the "information later" promise isn't empty promise cause there have been tons of time they promised new info only to basically say they are working on it and be patient.

I'm having flashbacks of South Park's parody of Game of Thrones where George R.R. Martin keeps saying "Don't worry, the dragons are coming! They'll be here soon, just be a little more patient."

It will be sad if this game ends up floundering because it's long ass development schedule ended up making most fans stop caring.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Final Fantasy Forever.
    Cool fansite name right there.

Also...

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

What makes this even worse are rumours of something new, "not a game", that's related to Lightning. What could it be? A FFXIII movie? That's why XV is on the back burner because they've been pumping all their money in to this! Advent Children with VII, now Saving Grace: Final Fantasy XIII CGI film to top off the Fabula Nova Crystallis / Lightning Saga. Did I mention I'm an insider? ;p
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 06-07-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    What makes this even worse are rumours of something new, "not a game", that's related to Lightning. What could it be?
    The two big rumors going around is that it's either (SPOILER)that they're going to announce her role in Final Fantasy XV as a guest character or....this.

If either turn out to be true, I'm convinced Kitase and friends just love seeing fan outrage and are keeping Lightning revelant for the lulz.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The latter seems more likely. Then again XV was originally meant as a spin-off, so who knows.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    What makes this even worse are rumours of something new, "not a game", that's related to Lightning. What could it be?
    The two big rumors going around is that it's either (SPOILER)that they're going to announce her role in Final Fantasy XV as a guest character or....this.
    please god no.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

This has soured me on Square Enix entirely. New rule: don't smurfing announce a game a decade before you release it. Alternative rule: keep your fans properly informed. If Square Enix had said "Oh, we're going to wait for the next gen consoles for this title" I would have said awesome. I would have been positive about it. If Square Enix had said "we've had some hitches along the way, and our primary resources are being dedicated to Kingdom Hearts III and the Final Fantasy XIII compilation" I would have been absolutely satisfied with that. It would have bothered me somewhat, because I was not overly interested in the XIII compilation, but I would have understood. It sold well, and it was a matter of pride. Didn't want to leave the fans with a game that was hot and cold.

But this bulltrout? Square Enix can get smurfed if it expects me to be excited. I'm not going to chat with friends or strangers in the street about how good it looks and how much I want to play it. I'm going to talk to those people about how Square Enix is a shady, selfish company who keeps demanding energy from their fans without giving anything in return. I'm going to talk about the ten year wait, and about how once upon a time Square Enix was able to release 5 of its best and most loved games in the same period it has taken them to release 3 mediocre ones.

Then I am going to talk to people about other games, because I don't smurfing care any more. My patience is gone. I would simply post the same article I published in HYPER but I don't even feel sorry for you any more, Square Enix, I feel like you are becoming the villain.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You'd think yoshi-p would have influenced them since he's been pushing the being open thing. His interview I wrote about a while ago said it was a battle with upper management when he's said trying to get SE to be more open.
    Last edited by Freya; 06-07-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

You'd think it'd be a no brainier, really. They could avoid a lot of the anger and frustration that has been going around if they had just done the things Jiro listed.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Jiro, I completely understand your frustration XD!!!!!!! Not gonna lie when I saw this kotaku post with the kh2.5 and ff14arr posters I felt a little sadness that they aren't ff15 and kh3.

I have a question: I know TGS is in september, but what what other big events could they show/give significant information about FF15? Just curious as E3 and TGS are the only events I pay attention to.

Do you think maybe that FF15 is closer to a mid/late 2015/early 2016 release so maybe they want to do heavy promoting closer to that time?