Thread: E3 2014: Two New Tomb Raider Games Announced!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default E3 2014: Two New Tomb Raider Games Announced!

Do you like raiding? Do you like tombs? Do you like raiding tombs? If you don't, then you're out of luck my friend - because it's time for you to become who you're meant to be. Not one, but two Tomb Raider games are on the way!

The Rise of the Tomb Raider, shown today at Microsoft's E3 Press Conference, follows directly in the aftermarth of the 2013 reboot of the franchise. Not much is know about the game at present, other than it's slated for a release during the 2015 Holiday Season. There's something for your Christmas list next year! The Rise of the Tomb Raider will likely be featured on SQUARE ENIX Presents over the coming days, so stay tuned for for more details. For now, check out the teaser trailer:

That's not all though! A sequel to the popular Action RPG, Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light, was also confirmed today. Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris will see Lara journey to Egypt. She must join forces with rival archaeologist Carter Bell and imprisoned gods Horus and Isis, to defeat the evil god Set. Featuring a four-player co-op story, players must work together to explore the temple, defeat hordes of enemies from the Egyptian underworld, solve devious puzzles, and avoid deadly traps. All the while, players will compete for treasure, powerful artifacts, and ultimate bragging rights. Check out the trailer:

Are you excited for more grizzly adventure time with Lara?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a stupid name. Why couldn't they just call it Tomb Raider II? Trailer was good, though.

WTF @ the second one?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have mixed feelings for this game.
    the previous one just didnt feel like Tomb Raider at all.
    i enjoyed the game but not as much as a good ol' tomb raider.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I got a big ol' crush on new Lara Croft so I'm all for some new content with her.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I kinda miss the last reboot. With Legend and Underworld. But I don't hate the new one. It's similar to Uncharted. Which isn't a bad thing. But they are mildly different game types. I'm glad Square finally got over them not selling trillions of copies. And as weird as it is, I'm also all for the second game. We tried playing through the first one, but it gets a little wonky on PC. I may end up getting it for console. But any decent couch co-op game is a good thing in my book

Articles
    Blog Entries

I got the first one today for the PS3, so I'll at least be ready by the time the new game rolls around.