Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

PacMan just got confirmed as another character in Smash.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I hyped myself again. I was hyped with just the news but I watched the Zelda stuff. I"m more hyped.
    After looking up the Legend of Zelda Wii-U stuff on YouTube, I too am hyped.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    PacMan just got confirmed as another character in Smash.

I just wanted to post this gif.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm surprised they haven't tried to get Wreck-It Ralph in Smash Bros.

I'm giddy that for once, Nintendo has good news.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I legitamately got chills when I saw Mega Man's Final Smash.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Pink Grin

Mario Maker!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well this an interesting twist about the new Zelda game.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10...wii-u-trailer/

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

AHHH I was about to post it!

Is it zelda? Is this finally the Legend of Link instead?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope so! Zelda needs to star in a game!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    I understand definitely where people are coming from in regards to Zelda. When people are talking about recycled, they're talking the game's pacing, the dungeons, the world, the environment. Out of the ones I've played the structure of how the game progresses is always the same. The transformation masks in Majora's Mask are just a gimmick in the whole picture. They don't really change how you progress. Majora's Mask out of the old ones seemed to be the most free one, but you still had to tackle each dungeon in order because it required certain items to even get near the dungeon and you have to get those said items in order from those dungeons.

The dungeons in the games had become predictable to me. Whenever you get a new item in it you know that's what you're going to use to take out the boss. I also found money utterly meaningless in the Zelda games you can get practically everything you need for free in the games. You may actually need to use it once throughout the whole game.

A Link Between Worlds is acclaimed because it changes the pacing and exploration up. You can go anywhere from the jump, money is actually important, and I'm not sure about dungeon layouts and boss encounters, but at least you can complete them in any order you want to now.
    The Masks were hardly Gimmicky in Zelda, they had a huge impact on what you were able to do, things no other Zelda game prior had allowed.

I guess you have a point on how you progress, but I guess I just don't think it creates that big of a difference between Link Between Worlds and other Zelda games. Yes, you can do things in a different order, but you're still going to be doing all the same things regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Not saying that you should be hyped, just pointing out your points of 'no third party or indie support', '2015 heavy', and 'just recycled mechanics' are all kind of silly things.
    Well, I'm not saying you shouldn't be hyped, just posting my two cents in a thread. If you want to argue in favor of their third party support, though, feel free to fall on your sword on that one. That's certainly a long list of eShop titles but that doesn't stack up anywhere near the efforts Microsoft, Sony, and Valve have been making to partner and promote the best and brightest indies. Maybe you truly feel Siesta Fiesta and Blast 'Em Bunnies will stack up to the No Man's Sky, the Devolver Digital games or Paradox Interactive titles; that's certainly your prerogative. As far as disputing their recycled mechanics, I just can't follow you down that road, dude, nor is it what I took issue with in my reply to Sky.

Regardless, I still think anyone with a Wii U or a 3DS has a lot to look forward to.
    And I'm just pointing out why a few of those cents are silly.

No one is saying Nintendo stacks up to the others in third party support, that would be silly, just that the support is there, where you made it sound almost non-existant. Also, it may not matter as much due to the variety of their current first party studios with acquisitions like Monolith and Platinum. Compared to Microsoft their first Party Studio is insanely diverse, it's even pretty damn diverse when compared to Sony, who while there's is larger, I'm very hesitant to say the diversity is greater. Third Party stuidio's are wonderful for picking up slack for you, but in the end Nintendo has less slack in that field to pick up then Microsoft, though this whole bit is another tangent entirely I guess.

That list was also mostly in regards to your comments on indies. Your comparison would be like if I were to compare, say, some two man indie studios launch to Super Smash Brothers Melee. More likely I should have brought up Sonic Boom, (And Possibly the Atlus support, though they kind of lacked any showing at the Direct Conference) as well as Support from the DW team, even if they are making a Zelda Title, it is being created third party in a very distinct way from Zelda.

And you did take issue with recycled mechanics though, unless you just worded that part badly. Of course they re-use a lot of mechanics, every single franchise does that. Hell, Call of Duty has done virtually nothing from game to game in a few cases, Killzone has held a lot of the same mechanics, and pretty much every sports game ever. Zelda has a much better track record then that of adding new things from game to game.

The parts about 'shorter and easier' I didn't' bother contesting because I can't really argue that part. It was quite a legitimate point, though that's a point entirely separate from Re-used mechanics. Unless of course you were saying that the two of them combined is what the problem is, in which case.... eh? o_O

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post

I hope so! Zelda needs to star in a game!
    This. The only time Zelda got to star in a game was a crappy CDi game.