Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which console had the worst collection of JRPGs?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    xbox had...Phantom Dust, sorta; BlackStone; some more
    There were a few. None that ever really made a name for itself or anything but they did exist.
    Sad state of affairs when your JRPG's end up being made by some no name company in Taiwan and Microsoft Game Studios though.

And the N64 had Ogre Battle 64 so I stand by my assessment that the Xbox was definitely worse.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    xbox had...Phantom Dust, sorta; BlackStone; some more
    There were a few. None that ever really made a name for itself or anything but they did exist.
    Sad state of affairs when your JRPG's end up being made by some no name company in Taiwan and Microsoft Game Studios though.

And the N64 had Ogre Battle 64 so I stand by my assessment that the Xbox was definitely worse.
    I didn't say anything about the quality, just that they exist! The Xbox was the worst console for a lot of things, not the least of which were JRPG's, so you'll get no argument from me there.

Also, there were Quest 64 and Paper Mario, which come close (granted the "J" in JRPG is just a sad little lower case "j" for these two) enough to be acceptable.

Oh trout I forgot Paper Mario. How could I do that!

XBox is so worse.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, in order to have the worst collection of JRPGs one must have a collection of JRPGs, meaning more than one...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    To be fair, in order to have the worst collection of JRPGs one must have a collection of JRPGs, meaning more than one...
    I don't know what console you're referring to. If it's the N64 you're wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm referring to how people are saying that the worst collection is the one with no collection, or a console with just one game, which isn't really a collection either. I think people have mentioned a console with one JRPG and another console with no JRPGs, neither of which have a collection of JRPGs and therefore can not have the worst collection of JRPGs. I mean, I don't think New Zealand has the worst snakes because it has no snakes...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

GameCube? I can't really think of any. I don't want to say PS2 because I like the RPGs on the PS2.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm referring to how people are saying that the worst collection is the one with no collection, or a console with just one game, which isn't really a collection either. I think people have mentioned a console with one JRPG and another console with no JRPGs, neither of which have a collection of JRPGs and therefore can not have the worst collection of JRPGs. I mean, I don't think New Zealand has the worst snakes because it has no snakes...
    Comparing snakes to games is a silly comparison. Most people don't want to have snakes, but if they did want a snake, the country with none is a bad country. Just like a console with no JRPGs has the worst collection of them since a JRPG fan won't get any. If you have no JRPGs, that's a worse collection than a collection of bad ones by default.

And I don't know that a console really exists that has one JRPG so that's also a silly statement. But even then, a console with one has a better collection than a console with none since there's at least a JRPG on it. I think you can see what I'm getting at here.

If you wanted to ask which console has the worst JRPGs then that's cool, a console with none will always have one of the worst collections since it has none. I have a terrible classic car collection because I have no classic cars.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Virtual Boy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, to make this a little less about arguing over semantics, of the systems you own, which had the weakest selection of JRPGs?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Okay, to make this a little less about arguing over semantics, of the systems you own, which had the weakest selection of JRPGs?
    Xbox 360. While I haven't play them that much, Infinite Undiscovery and Enchanted Arms are kind of underwhelming when I compare them to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Xbox 360. While I haven't play them that much, Infinite Undiscovery and Enchanted Arms are kind of underwhelming when I compare them to the rest.
    Dude, I literally only bought an X360 to play Lost Odyssey. It's also got (though not all console-exclusive) Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, FFXIII....

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Dude, I literally only bought an X360 to play Lost Odyssey. It's also got (though not all console-exclusive) Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, FFXIII....
    You're not doing yourself any favors adding XIII to that list.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nintendo 64 in that case. As mentioned, I think Quest 64 was the only RPG offering. Quite strange considering the pedigree of RPGs that the SNES had. Losing Square to Sony really hurt them in that department.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Such a long list here:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_...-playing_games

To be fair, "Person of Lordly Caliber" is one of the coolest subtitles ever.