Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which console had the worst collection of JRPGs?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh yeah, Paper Mario was fun. That's about it though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I haven't played the original Paper Mario, but if it is anywhere near as good as Thousand Year Door, it's awesome. Also, the Ogre Battle series is really solid, so I'm guessing 64 was as well.

For a LONG time, Harvest Moon 64 was my favorite game in the series (I just didn't think that counted as an RPG).

Super Robot Wars is also awesome. Pity it's Japan only.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Okay, to make this a little less about arguing over semantics, of the systems you own, which had the weakest selection of JRPGs?
    Ouch, that's tough. I don't own an Xbox (original) or any of the Nintendo home consoles. I don't know much about the GBA JRPGs, though, so I don't know how that stacks up at all. It'd be between the 360 and the GBA, and I suspect the 360 would win, but of games I've actually played then it might go to the GBA.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    yep first Xbox. I have been severely disappointed with the PS3 in JRPGs though.
    I thought PS3 was great for JRPGs. Had a bunch of games that were also available on 360 (Star Ocean, Eternal Sonata, Final Fantasy XIII, etc), FFXIV, Disgea, The 'Tales' series, Neptunia (If that's your kind of thing), the ability to play PS1 games (and all the JRPGs in the PS1 library) and a decent amount of PS3 exclusives (Ni No Kuni was probably one of my favourite games of the PS3/360 generation).

For me, console with the worst collection of JRPGs is probably the original Xbox.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Atari.