Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Are there any Majora's Mask characters in it?
    No. But there is a Majora's Mask DLC coming.

DLCs announced thus far:

Master Quest Pack.
    Twilight Princess Pack.
    Majora's Mask Pack.
    Ganon/Boss Pack.

The Master Quest pack is known to contain Epona as a weapon for Link. Contains a story mode for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, explaining how they met, and offering upgraded weapons and heart pieces/containers for them. Contains "Master Quest" mode, which allows you to play with a harder difficulty (including one where no hearts spawn on the map). There's a rumored new Adventure Mode pack as well, but no new characters are believed to be added.

I don't really see how we can get a Majora's Mask pack without getting some characters from the game, though. Sure, we can maybe get Masks as another weapon for Link (adding in his Deku, Zora, and Goron transformations to his combos). But beyond that, you can't do a lot without bringing in some characters.
    Epona as a weapon? How does that work; does he swing her around like a sword?
    I take it you haven't unlocked all of Link's weapons yet. They're not all as straightforward as the word "weapon" may imply.

My guess is that Epona is actually going to work as a warhorse. Trampling, charging, kicking, biting. Definitely potential there. I suppose Link could just use his bow or sword for mounted combat as well.
    I actually don't have the game.
    Unlockable Weapon Spoiler
    One of Link's Weapons is the Great Fountain Fairy. It consists of a Great Fairy from Ocarina of Time shoving Link into a bottle and flying around with him. Her heavy attacks involve letting Link go, so that she can attack him. For example, raining bombs from the sky onto Link. Link blocks them with his shield, and the extras hit enemies. She then puts him back in the bottle, and continues on.

A war horse doesn't sound too far fetched anymore, does it?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It turns out the free DLC that LWL mentioned is also available in Europe. I received a mail this morning, a day after I claimed the points on Nintendo Club, with the download code.

And then there is Death

I finally beat the game. Awesome story mode for this game. So much spoilers I won't mention for now.

Adventure Mode gets really, really hard in some places. I only just unlocked the final tier of missions that I haven't done yet, but there are three previous missions that I simply cannot get the A-Rank rewards on. Volga and Argorok in one keep room, and you have to kill them both without taking too much damage. Seriously?!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Patch 1.3.0 is out!

It adds three new playable characters : (SPOILER)Volga, Cia and Wizzro and the possibility to turn off mid-level cutscenes in adventure mode.

And then there is Death

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Patch 1.3.0 is out!

It adds three new playable characters : (SPOILER)Volga, Cia and Wizzro and the possibility to turn off mid-level cutscenes in adventure mode.
    The Master Quest pack is also out.

The Horse is available as a weapon for Link. Epona is the Tier 1 Horse, so I'm curious as to what the upgrades are going to be.

New missions are added to Legend Mode, detailing Cia's Story.

A new Map is added to Adventure Mode, and each battle on the map features a special "Master Quest" rule, such as no healing, stricter time limits, no items, etcetera.

20 new Gold Skulltulas in the Master Quest Map, which yield another reward picture and reward map upon completion.

There is a new costume for both Cia and Lana, the Guardian of Time robes (Cia has two default alternate costumes, by the way, her without the mask, and without the mask or hat).

The Master Quest map gives you Heart Pieces and Containers for Volga, Cia, and Wizzro, their Tier 2 and Tier 3 weapons (I think T2 and T3 Horse for Link as well, though I haven't checked), and seems to also give alternate costumes for other characters as a reward.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-17-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Apologies for the double post, but I have to point this out.

Zelda gets a Hilda of Lorule costume.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Ugh we were playing last night and it wouldn't update to get us the new characters and stuff. Stupid thing. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Ugh we were playing last night and it wouldn't update to get us the new characters and stuff. Stupid thing. xD
    It only prompts for the update from the main Wii U menu, not the quick launch menu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Nothing on the Wii U menu either. xD I do not know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Nothing on the Wii U menu either. xD I do not know what is going on.
    When you open the game from the main menu, it should tell you "A Software Update is available", then start the download.

Make sure you're hooked up to the internet and try to access the E-Shop. If it's anything like the Pokemon X/Y patches, they'll be available there under the Hyrule Warriors main page.

If you already bought the DLC, it'll download at the same time.

Cia is absurdly powerful. She has infinite juggling potential on a lot of foes just by spamming Light Attack.

Volga is a little disappointing, because he feels like the least original character in the game. This would be way worse, except he feels a lot like Naginata Impa, who is the most fun character in the game. He's a little less mobile, especially during his heavy combos, but play style still feels really similar.

Wizzro is a slower character, but hits hard, and has some really nice combos. His beam and spinning attacks are great for crowd control, and the beam also excels at harassment.

Epona is awesome. I need to get the higher tier versions (Twilight Epona and Epona of Time, based on how Epona looked in Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, respectively), though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Scoured the eShop, flicked in and out of the game. Eh. We'll work it out. No big deal. Still got plenty to do with the characters we do have.

So, I've finished four of the Gold Skulltula pictures so far. Only about sixteen missions left in the original Adventure Mode. Then I get to do it all over again with the Master Quest pack.

Oddly enough, it's a little more restrictive. After getting to branch out and immediately play six missions, there's now only one place I can go, because everywhere else is either locked out by a wall, or by enemies that need to be revealed via a harp, which I don't have yet (items are specific to each Adventure Mode map, so the ones I got in the first map don't carry over to Master Quest).

Also, apparently confirmation of new characters for the other DLC. One coming with the Twilight Princess pack, and two coming with the Majora's Mask pack.

So, I apologize for the thread necro and the double post, but there's a lot more to this game now.

The Majora's Mask DLC pack just landed, and it is easily my favorite so far. The Termina Fields Adventure Mode is brilliant. The entire map resets every 72 hours. You keep any rewards or map items you had already gotten, but you have to fight through the maps again in order to get further.

This sounds a bit troublesome, but they actually accommodated this brilliantly. First, certain maps have owl statues, and once you activate them, you can travel to them even after the three day reset, so ALL progress is not lost. Second, the maps are much less restrictive than many of the others. While you have to play through with a particular character to get Pieces of Heart and such, the majority of the maps can be taken on with any character. Third, the maps are much, much shorter. Most of them are on a ten minute time limit. This is great. One of the most frustrating things about the other Adventure Mode maps was having to fight through an hour long battle where a few mistakes would prevent you from getting an A Rank and make you start over.

Then, there's the free patches. So many quality of life improvements. Tons more potions in the Apothecary, including some really useful ones, like continuously replenishing special meters, extra rupees or experience, or shattering the guard of a blocking opponent. They cost much more in terms of materials (with the 100 count cap per material no longer in play, the higher cost is reasonable), but are so worth it. The smithy can now remove skills, so if you have an awesome weapon with a useless skill, get rid of it and replace it with something useful!

Best of all, there is now a way to check mid-mission how many points of damage you've taken, so you can immediately know if you've failed to hit A-Rank. And, there is a "Restart Mission" button that restarts the mission, and has no load time. It's awesome.

After being burned out for so long on the huge maps of the Master Quest pack, I'm glad I jumped back in and tried the new DLC, because it has rekindled my love for this fantastic game.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 03-14-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bump!

How do you do Adventure Mode? Every time I've tried to play it??? it just brings up a screen but I can't start anything. So confused. ;-;

Also, I spent 8 hours playing this today. I am an addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Bump!

How do you do Adventure Mode? Every time I've tried to play it??? it just brings up a screen but I can't start anything. So confused. ;-;

Also, I spent 8 hours playing this today. I am an addict.
    When you start Adventure Mode, it brings up a World Map. Each square on the grid is a battle. When you start, only one area is unlocked. As you beat that area with higher rankings, you'll unlock more squares adjacent to the first one.

I'm really looking forward to the new content coming. We're getting Medli!