Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Warriors

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just got Fi but haven't tried her yet. I also got my first network adventure mission, and it was surprisingly tough (I think it was marked as level 8 and I went in with a level 8-10 Impa).

And then there is Death

I smurfing hate using Fi.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Just got Fi but haven't tried her yet. I also got my first network adventure mission, and it was surprisingly tough (I think it was marked as level 8 and I went in with a level 8-10 Impa).
    Yeah, those can be really challenging if they're over leveled for you. I tried out the Level 99 one I saw. It didn't go well. A dozen max morale enemies with health bars that barely shift when I hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I smurfing hate using Fi.

That is all.
    I don't have strong feelings for Fi as a character, but I think Fi plays very well. So fast and fluid, so it's easy to dance around blocks (also, I actually managed to lag the game because Fi moves too much and forced too many enemies to load). Fi's Special is really good to. The biggest problem is that there are a couple of lackluster combos.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 10-02-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Are there any Majora's Mask characters in it?

The Hookshot Upgrade, for some reason, pulls a mini-moon out of smurfing nowhere to smash your enemies!

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    No. But there is a Majora's Mask DLC coming.

DLCs announced thus far:

Master Quest Pack.
    Twilight Princess Pack.
    Majora's Mask Pack.
    Ganon/Boss Pack.

The Master Quest pack is known to contain Epona as a weapon for Link. Contains a story mode for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, explaining how they met, and offering upgraded weapons and heart pieces/containers for them. Contains "Master Quest" mode, which allows you to play with a harder difficulty (including one where no hearts spawn on the map). There's a rumored new Adventure Mode pack as well, but no new characters are believed to be added.

I don't really see how we can get a Majora's Mask pack without getting some characters from the game, though. Sure, we can maybe get Masks as another weapon for Link (adding in his Deku, Zora, and Goron transformations to his combos). But beyond that, you can't do a lot without bringing in some characters.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Naginata Wielding Impa remains my favorite. Followed by Fire Rod Link.

I'm digging the Goron Chief, and soon I'm going to try Zelda with the Baton.

Also, I hate using Ruta as well.

I had been putting off playing as Agitha because I was nervous I wouldn't like her (I'd heard she's a slower character). My gosh, she is powerful. Her attacks do have a little bit of an odd windup, but the range and area are so utterly broken. The very first mission I tried with her was the mission to get her second ranked weapon. I collected an "A" Rank, both the heart pieces, and the first Skulltula, and I still had plenty of time left over. She's ridiculous.

I really hated Ruto at first as well. She takes some getting used to, because you need to understand how to time her attacks. If you charge in blindly, you'll get struck out of 90% of her combo finishers, and lose a lot of health, because she's vulnerable during most of them. You need to manipulate spacing, and sometimes even start combos before you reach your enemy. But she winds up being really powerful, and probably the best area clearing character in the game.

BTW: When you used Fi, did you remember to power up Light Energy with a non-combo Strong Attack?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

DLCs announced thus far:

Master Quest Pack.
    Twilight Princess Pack.
    Majora's Mask Pack.
    Ganon/Boss Pack.

The Master Quest pack is known to contain Epona as a weapon for Link. Contains a story mode for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, explaining how they met, and offering upgraded weapons and heart pieces/containers for them. Contains "Master Quest" mode, which allows you to play with a harder difficulty (including one where no hearts spawn on the map). There's a rumored new Adventure Mode pack as well, but no new characters are believed to be added.

I don't really see how we can get a Majora's Mask pack without getting some characters from the game, though. Sure, we can maybe get Masks as another weapon for Link (adding in his Deku, Zora, and Goron transformations to his combos). But beyond that, you can't do a lot without bringing in some characters.
    Epona as a weapon? How does that work; does he swing her around like a sword?

DLCs announced thus far:

Master Quest Pack.
    Twilight Princess Pack.
    Majora's Mask Pack.
    Ganon/Boss Pack.

I take it you haven't unlocked all of Link's weapons yet. They're not all as straightforward as the word "weapon" may imply.

My guess is that Epona is actually going to work as a warhorse. Trampling, charging, kicking, biting. Definitely potential there. I suppose Link could just use his bow or sword for mounted combat as well.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'll probably get it from GameFly shortly. Doesn't really look like my thing, but I'm pretty desperate for stuff to play at the moment.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

http://club2.nintendo.com/hyrule-promo/

Join Club Nintendo and register your game to receive a free demon king costume set DLC. Two costumes for Ganondorf based on his Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess designs.

Enjoy

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    http://club2.nintendo.com/hyrule-promo/

Join Club Nintendo and register your game to receive a free demon king costume set DLC. Two costumes for Ganondorf based on his Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess designs.

Enjoy
    Only in North America it seems.

And then there is Death

There's an Adventure Mission with an A-Rank reward for Zant that is giving me a ton of trouble. It's a dungeon mission to fight through the map, find the key, beat the boss, and then fight The Imprisoned.

Most of it I can do ok at, but that Imprisoned fight is just killing me. It takes so long that I run out of time to get an A-Rank (it's like more than five minutes to beat him), and I have to run through so many cycles that I usually mistime a dodge and take a bit hit that I can't afford to (and I still have no clue how to dodge the lightning).

Can anyone give me any tips? What are Zant's best combos for wearing down the weakness gauge or hitting the toes?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

DLCs announced thus far:

Master Quest Pack.
    Twilight Princess Pack.
    Majora's Mask Pack.
    Ganon/Boss Pack.

I take it you haven't unlocked all of Link's weapons yet. They're not all as straightforward as the word "weapon" may imply.

My guess is that Epona is actually going to work as a warhorse. Trampling, charging, kicking, biting. Definitely potential there. I suppose Link could just use his bow or sword for mounted combat as well.
    I actually don't have the game.