View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678122252 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

That'll be their undoing as far as I'm concerned. I went with City last season and I'll do the same for this one, decent manager or not for United they're still a crap squad that one or two signings won't fix, and Rooney signed his latest contract an entire four months ago so expect him to throw his toys out of the pram and stir up transfer rumours for January until he gets his 500k a week deal.

I think Chelsea will provide the big challenge this year with the acquisition of Costa and Fabregas, and Liverpool again although I don't think they'll be as good as last season.

Leicester is an interesting one, the owner is willing to spend £180 million over the next three seasons to get the club into the top 5, and apparently they've got something like £40 million to spend this summer. I just hope they don't do a QPR and buy players only there for the big payday, but that is unfortunately the only way to get half-decent players playing for low-level teams. Should be good to see who they're linked with in the coming few weeks though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

United signing Herrera for £29m and Shaw for £30m. This hot on the heels after spunking £27.5m and £37m on Fellaini and Mata respectively. They're as bad as City and Chelsea are now. I can't claim to know much about Herrera but the other three are worth nowhere near that. On the one hand I want to call them hypocrites but on the other hand I think it's sad that they've been forced down that road.

After the Carroll debacle, Liverpool have been close to signing a number of players (the latest being Moreno) only to turn around and say "piss off" when the seller tries to exort a few more million. I wish more clubs would take that approach. I secretly wish Liverpool wasn't one of them... though I guess it hasn't worked out too badly given our improvement since we stopped Carrolling it.

EDIT: £27m for Shaw. And Liverpool are apparently on the brink of getting Lallana for £25m. Guess we ARE Carrolling it again. I don't think either player is worth that much. Southampton are jammy bastards, I tell you what.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I genuinely don't know enough about Shaw or Harrera to make a call on how much they're worth, but I will point out that PL clubs have a lot more money to play with and United spent bugger all during the summer transfer window last season (let alone previous seasons) so we've had time to make that money we're spending, but outside of that I do see where you're coming from. And clubs are also pretty aware that we have money to spend and need to spend it, meaning the can up their price (unless they are in the opposite position, which Southampton to my knowledge are not... but - hope above endless hope - Juventus seem to be, and with Vidal and Pogba on their books...).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Sell Suarez for £70m and buy two Andy Carrolls. It makes sense. Well. I don't know. Are there two Andy Carrolls? That's the only flaw in my plan, otherwise it would surely be Our Year.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Suarez as a Bareclona player will mean Barca have finally admitted that they are no better than the rest of the world's clubs when it comes to the standards they hold themselves to. Also, Liverpool will be down a fantastic footballer. Naturally, I approve of both of these things.

Articles

I think Barcelona did that long ago with the massive tax fraud with Neymar which the courts had to investigate. Who can forget that transfer ban they got (and will avoid because they're Barca) for breaking the rules on signing under 18 players? Oh and going against their "no advertisements on our shirt!" principle by selling out to the always morally impeccable nation of Qatar. Not to mention probably being the worst club on the planet for making endless statements about other team's players they want to sign - which is, of course, against UEFA regulations but never mind they're Barca so they can do what they want.

I've seen it said they've done a heel turn over the past 12 months and are now going through their Hollywood Hogan phase.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It really does seem that way! Such a massive turnaround compared to how they used to protray themselves. "Turning heel" is a pretty accurate way of looking at it.

EDIT: I swear I'd already heard about Liverpool signing this Emre Can bloke, but apparently it's just been completed.

Blog Entries

WHAT ARE THESE RUMOURS

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OUR CLUB PSYCHOTIC

FIRST STEALING IAGO ASPAS FROM OUR GRASP AND NOW BONY

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Evra going. Guuuuutted. If it's not part of a player + money swap for Vidal, I'm going to be massively disappointed. It will mean our most experienced defender will probably be either Rafael or Evans, and our best leaders will be... I don't even know.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    FIRST STEALING IAGO ASPAS FROM OUR GRASP
    is this

is this

what?

are you, like...

like, it's so far removed from anything that makes sense

you have to be trolling but then what is there to troll? like, I don't get... like... what?

I guess if it was a troll it has succeeded because I am blindly furious with anger but all you really had to do was post "Iago Aspas" to get that reaction.

I have seen so many terrible footballers at this club. From Dundee, Diouf and Degen to Diomede, Downing and Diao. From the dross of the Hodgson era like Joke Ole, Poulsen and Konchesky, the failures of Dalglish like Carroll and Adam, through to some of the worthless trash signed this summer like Moses, Cissokho and Luis Alberto - no hyperbole, no exaggeration, Iago Aspas is the worst, the WORST, player I have ever seen play for Liverpool. That even includes Andriy Voroinin.

Blog Entries

(SPOILER)that was the joke

there was a picture here

Articles

That's not a joke, that's a hate crime.

Besides, he'd still one of Swansea's better players.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have never been less excited for a new season. I'm gonna start a new game called Pin the Pointy Stick on the Weather Girl.

Articles

BREAKING NEWS

Fellaini's shaved his head.

smurf me.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hopefully Atlético's run can continue into next season and they at least challenge Barça and Real. Can't stand either side dominating the piss poor competition of La Liga.