View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 314145464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will keep saying this, I hate nothing more than time-wasting, and I didn't think a quality team like Chelsea would stoop to it.

I just keep being disappointed by the best teams in the world. Do I have standards that are too high, or has the state of professional football degraded that much in the past 10 years since I watched regularly?

That shouldn't be allowed. Absolute p*ss take. Should not be allowed to stop the clock like that to make substitution then do it again 20 secs later and take all the time in the world.

Well, we still played well. I'm relatively happy with that to be honest, we'll be ok.

Blog Entries

I'd sooner blame the ref. Timewasting is a bookable offence, and the ref has cards in his pocket and a handy stopwatch to add the time on. If he doesn't do either then he should explain why.

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    I will keep saying this, I hate nothing more than time-wasting, and I didn't think a quality team like Chelsea would stoop to it.
    Do we know the same Chelsea...?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Do we know the same Chelsea...?
    ...Fair enough. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I'd sooner blame the ref. Timewasting is a bookable offence, and the ref has cards in his pocket and a handy stopwatch to add the time on. If he doesn't do either then he should explain why.
    100%. Ref should have acted. Also I think unless there is an injury, players should be made to jog off the pitch as opposed to the casual stroll in the park approach to coming off the pitch!!

Articles

That yellow kit is a smurfing abomination. We always play like utter dog cock in it.

Still, as you all know I'm not the most impartial of observers but even I was fed up of the "OMG STEVIE G WEMBLEY FAIRYTALE ENDING" bollocks. I shudder to think of how bad it would've been if we had made it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the best course of action when a team is out of form for a couple of weeks... is to lose your s*** completely and sack the manager. It makes the most sense really. Jurgen Klopp is available.

I am so happy that Slippy G's career has ended like an old, incontinent sheepdog that's had its day. Get a shotgun, take him behind the barn and blow the mother away.

Articles

I mean, you say that, but the jammy smurfer's going to go live in a multi million dollar mansion in LA and be paid millions of dollars to have a kickabout with other pensioners every so often.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Was pleasantly surprised when we dominated and only lost 1-0 in the toughest game of our season (away to the champions-to-be) given our injury problems. McNair never gives me huge confidence, but he impressed me a lot today. Good to see he's kicking on well. Rooney was an inevitability in midfield once it was revealed that Carrick, Blind and Jones were out, let alone Rojo. The only other midfielders we have that weren't already playing are heavily focused on attack or extremely light on experience.

Falcao tries, but for some reason it just doesn't click for him at United. It's a shame. I hope he does well wherever he ends up next season (so long as he's not playing against us, of course). The guy is not short on effort. These things happen, though, even to great players.

As for time-wasting, every team does it, one way or another. My understanding is that the ref must add on 30 seconds for every goal scored and 15 seconds for every substitution, including after injury time, or something like that. Can't remember where I read/heard that, though. If someone takes longer than 15 seconds to be subbed then I agree a booking should be in order, and additional time added on. It's no better/worse than goalkeepers taking longer than, what is it, six seconds to kick a ball? Throw-ins are getting pretty bad lately too, I see them take absolutely forever sometimes, and players move so bloody far away from where the ball actually went out. Nothing new there, I'm sure, either.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Watching the Bayern-Porto match, and I have to say, really redefining the word 'swalbe', Bayern. Disgusting. 3-0 ahead, and they stoop to diving.

God, it just pisses me off, this whiny behaviour in a billion dollar sport. Grow a frigging pair.

Articles

You've seemed surprised that Mourinho and Guardiola teams do this kind of thing and I'm not entirely sure why.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It'll be funny watching Real get bested by Atletico again tomorrow.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Thierry Henry and Jamie Carragher as pundits... genuinely weird. Someone with such an incredible voice should not be talking immediately before someone who sounds so terrible. I don't even care what either of them are saying. The former, because I'm just thinking "Damn that's a cool voice." The latter, because I'm just thinking "Oh, dude, I don't even mind Scouse accents but what the actual smurf is wrong with your voice!?"
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    It'll be funny watching Real get bested by Atletico again tomorrow.
    Why do I never get anything right ever?