View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 73747515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    smurf off, Barcelona. Cheating bastards.

Their top three are so overrated. 122 lucky goals.

Never mind, Patrice won something tonight too. (SPOILER)Patrice Evra has now lost a record four Champions League finals.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the last ten years Patrice Evra has won 15 major honours.

Liverpool have won 5.

Articles

In a hundred years Liverpool have only ever lost two Champions League finals.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Very impressive. It must be all the other competitions where you do your losing?

Blog Entries

Definitely not the competition for the worst possible banter

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles

So I don't know how good Liverpool's new £29m signing is, but I do know he has the best website a footballer has ever had:

http://www.robertofirmino.com/index.php

Blog Entries

So, it's that time again...

OFFICIAL EOFF FOOTBALL THREAD QUOTES OF THE SEASON 2014-15 BROUGHT TO YOU BY QATAR 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Worst transfer prediction (DK, 12 Jun)
    [On Rickie Lambert] solid signing tbf
    Quote Originally Posted by Conclusive proof that B Rodgers lurks EoFF (Loony BoB, 11 Jul)
    Maybe you can sign Balotelli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conclusive proof that B Rodgers does not lurk EoFF (The Captain, 15 Jul)
    Liverpool MUST, MUST, MUST sign a top line player with the Suarez money or we risk turning in to Spurs of last year, trading one outstanding player for a trial by committee. My personal goal would be get Marco Reus if at all possible and failing that look somewhere, ANYWHERE other than in England. It's getting to the point that we could actually save money by just transferring Brendan Rodgers to Southhampton instead of trying to sign their entire squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Best punt that came through (Psychotic, 3 Aug)
    I think Southampton did very, very well out of it, and got a lot more money than their players were worth. They'll be absolutely fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Most ill-placed banter (Psychotic, 11 Aug)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    I will enjoy both league games against the dirty red scousers this season though as it's pretty much a guaranteed six points for us.
    Like it was last year.

Oh.

lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Time to pawn off the crystal ball" award (The Captain, 13 Aug)
    Yet, somehow, Liverpool are being undervalued again. I've even seen some places predict them finishing as low as 7th!! I really don't see us placing lower than 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturally (Psychotic, 13 Aug)
    I also reckon Swansea will be embroiled in a relegation battle because they are a poo team comprised entirely of poo. If they sell Bony, Leicester will finish above them. QUOTE ME IN THE END OF THE YEAR POST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worst relegation prediction (Bubba, 15 Aug)
    Relegated: Burnley, Crystal Palace & Leicester City (to finish bottom with single digit points total)
    Quote Originally Posted by Most underwhelming appraisal of the destruction of Man Utd at the hands of based SeaSwans at Old Trafford (Formalhaut, 17 Aug)
    It was quite entertaining seeing everyone expecting Manchester United to storm against Swansea, and then to see them lose 2-1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worst birthday present ever (Psychotic, 21 Aug)
    [On Liverpool agreeing £16M for Balotelli]Yes smurfing please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinking anyone who beats Liverpool must be good enough to coast the league (AssassinDX, 26 Aug)
    The title is City's to lose I think, it's only really Chelsea who can mount any sort of challenge and I don't think it'll be a close one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Person who most needs to register just to join the football thread (Yellow_Magic, 1 Sep)
    Quote Originally Posted by friend of mine
    "Looking at United's potential lineup, I haven't seen anything this top-heavy since all those leaked photos of Kate Upton"
    Quote Originally Posted by I never actually believed (Old Manus, 2 Sep)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    8. Swansea
    Quote Originally Posted by Best 'classic BoB joke' (Loony Bob, 9 Sep)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Sterling really is class. Jones showed that he could be quite a useful player if only he would STOP MAKING THOSE SMURFING MISTAKES.
    Did he Luiz himself again?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince has Come of Age (Psychotic, 4 Nov)
    There are words I never thought I would post, and I have to post them quickly while they're still true - before the inevitable happens.

Joe Allen has had Cristiano Ronaldo in his pocket all night.
    Quote Originally Posted by When the world came crashing down
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    okay then guys i'm ready let's hear it
    Quote Originally Posted by DK View Post
    andy carroll is a beautiful man and fully deserved his two goals. i'm sure everyone here could barrack you horribly about it but it still wouldn't make that much difference. it would be pointless anyway. one day, one day, you will let go of the petty hate inside of you, embrace the big man and come to love this day as much as the rest of us. to drive you away with derision at this point would only make everything worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    no, let's hear it from you. Let's hear a full apology to Andy Carroll, admitting what a true hero of football he is and how you were wrong to besmirch him. Last year he scored against you and he got two assists too. Can't you see the only person you're harming is yourself? Can't you see you, yes, you, and your hatred and refusal to accept the big man has turned him into the Swanslayer? Open your heart to Big Andy. It is the only way to make it stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Most dubious claim (Psychotic, 22 Mar)
    Only United can actually finish chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happiest life (Bubba, 4 Apr)
    God I love being wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by And finally...(Psychotic, 3 Sep)
    Don't quote me in that context chum, I've been saying for years you're utterly bobbins and (Insert British city here) City FC will finish above you.

In fact, calling it now, Swansea be the last placed "City" team in the league. Quote it. Quote it good. I'm feeling a bit confident now that Hull have made some tasty last minute signings.
    Swansea be the last placed "City" team in the league.
    Quote it
    Quote it good
    I'm feeling a bit confident now that Hull have made some tasty last minute signings.

Till next time, brothers and sisters. I would have been earlier but England have suddenly decided to not be trout at cricket and that has been taking up all my sporting time. #Ashes2015 #Eng5NilAus

there was a picture here

Articles

The Hull thing I deserve

The Mario Balotelli thing is deserved but not in the context you're presenting. I was exciting we'd signed him because I was looking forward to some wacky antics rather than his football ability. But then we didn't even really get those either, so

If we HAD signed Reus I stand by my Top 3 prediction! Instead we signed..... ugh, don't remind me.

Heaven help me, I actually like all of our signings so far. Still, we must, must, must sign a striker and a RB. Grab someone like Bacca and even though it's ANOTHER Southampton player, Clyne and then we can start tearing out the deadwood and move forward.

Bacca Firmino
    Coutinho
    Milner Henderson Can
    Moreno Sakho Skrtel Clyne
    Mignolet

That could challenge for Top 4.

Bring in Ibe, Lallana, Lazar when we need width. If Danny is ever healthy, he can jump in the squad too but not as a lone striker.

Bye Bye to: Borini, Lambert, Allen, Manquillo, Balo and obviously Sterling. I'd guess he's definitely gone as we're already splashing the cash.

Take care all.

*Rubbing eyes in disbelief*

Is this real life? We're targeting and signing players before the window even opens?! What a novel concept.

Clyne in, Johnson out, not a bad swap.

Now bring in a striker!

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Januzaj, you have not been impressive this season. However, that is no excuse for growing your hair and turning out for the French Women's side, you filthy turncoat.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bubba; 06-27-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: comma, comma, comma, comma, comma chameleon

Poor Raheem Sterling. Just making a bigger mess by the day.

I'm surprised City are actually thinking twice now about buying him.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Poor Raheem Sterling. Just making a bigger mess by the day.

I'm surprised City are actually thinking twice now about buying him.

Take care all.
    Whatever the outcome of this saga, I don't think he will ever be referred to as "Poor Raheem Sterling"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

City and Madrid are probably the current pinnacle of clubs that will take on players that will play (let alone sit on the bench) for ridiculous amounts of money, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that they're after Sterling.

As for United, a little worried about how things are going, but not overly so. We're looking to sell RVP & Hernandez, which leaves us with Rooney and Wilson up front, so I assume we'll be looking for a striker. As for keeper, while I really hope DDG stays, if he goes then I'm pretty happy with Valdes as a replacement, but would obviously like another keeper regardless. Beyond that, really hope we get either of the SchweinScneider duo, because both of them are pretty good at what we need a midfielder to do.

Not really sure about Ramos. I know he's rated highly by a lot of people but I always saw him as a walking red card whenever I watched him. Dirty player.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!