View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112162656 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Mourinho and Fergie? No Moyes?
    No! Thank god for that!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

_58450031_mmpost-matchscenes.jpg

Wish him all the best. United legend.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Incredibly gutted, but knew it was coming. Sucks, big time. Will miss that bugger. Even with tired legs after playing more games per season than any other at United (and that's a lot of games per season), he would still run non-stop every game, wear his heart on his sleeve and push the rest of our players hard. We've lost a great leader as well as a great player (fair enough, not as good as he was, but age does that to you), and leadership on the pitch is the part of United I worry about most these days. Oh, and he was smurfing hilarious, too (for a footballer).

I wish him all the best.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Incredibly gutted, but knew it was coming. Sucks, big time. Will miss that bugger. Even with tired legs after playing more games per season than any other at United (and that's a lot of games per season), he would still run non-stop every game, wear his heart on his sleeve and push the rest of our players hard. We've lost a great leader as well as a great player (fair enough, not as good as he was, but age does that to you), and leadership on the pitch is the part of United I worry about most these days. Oh, and he was smurfing hilarious, too (for a footballer).

I wish him all the best.

Agreed. To be honest, I'm gutted that we've lost Rio,Vidic and Evra, all for different reasons. I always enjoyed listening to Evra talk, he just oozed passion. Now we have non of the above and Giggs on management- i'm not sure who we have player wise that really stands out as a leader. I know we have Rooney- but he is not of the same calibre as the older players. I also feel sad that after such an incredible career at MUFC, they have left after what has been arguably our worst season to date.

Now we need to look to the future and Van Gaal certainly seems to know what he's doing, but time will tell!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Evra is a lying piece of trout and the league is better off without him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Evra is a lying piece of trout and the league is better off without him.
    Are you genuinely suggesting that Suarez didn't call him negro/negrito/nigger or anything that is basically akin to "you black person" during the match on a repeated basis after Suarez himself admitted calling him that? Or suggesting that he meant it in an affectionate way when Suarez and Evra were at each other's throats throughout the match? Please.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Not sure if your being serious or not but I strongly disagree Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Or suggesting that he meant it in an affectionate way when Suarez and Evra were at each other's throats throughout the match? Please.
    I remember his initial excuse was something along the line of 'but nigger back home is a kind way to say hello to someone, no?'. The man is an idiot. He constantly tries putting blame on other players apart from himself. Even worse was the response of LFC saying that Evra likes to play the racist card. I can understand clubs protecting their players but I mean, have you ever heard such bulltrout? Evra on the other hand is a fantastic example for any footballer. Christ, he even tried shaking Suarez's hand to call it quits and he still rescinded. Makes me angry even thinking about it. Poor Kenny Dalglish eh? Rock and a hard place.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Even worse was the response of LFC saying that Evra likes to play the racist card. I can understand clubs protecting their players but I mean, have you ever heard such bulltrout? Evra on the other hand is a fantastic example for any footballer. Christ, he even tried shaking Suarez's hand to call it quits and he still rescinded. Makes me angry even thinking about it. Poor Kenny Dalglish eh? Rock and a hard place.
    This is the same Kenny that denies Liverpool were at any fault for the Heysel disaster.

there was a picture here

Articles

Have you read the FA Disciplinary Panel's findings? Probably not.

They found no evidence that Suarez abused Evra. Lip-readers analysing footage from all angles, a plethora of pitchside microphones, the works. Why, then, did they find Suarez guilty? Because they said Patrice Evra was a more credible witness than Suarez. Which, you might say, fair enough - Suarez is the football incarnation of evil, with the biting and handballing and whatnot.

However, the testimony from Evra includes him refusing to say what Suarez called him. Saying that he would never even use such an offensive term. Even shed a little tear. All very well and good if there wasn't a video - which you can find on YouTube if you so desire - of him screaming out of a hotel window that Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and, bizarrely, Frank Lampard, were mothersmurfing n-words.

Now, you might say to me that as a man of afro-carribean descent (interestingly so is Suarez but hey ho) he may have the right to say that word in an empowering sense or what have you, though I'd say that's probably not something that middle class white people like us should really be debating. It remains, however, that he lied in the tribunal because it's clearly not that offensive to him if he is casually hurling it out windows at Frank "The Whitest Man There Is" Lampard.

but hey it's suarez so who cares amirite

Also, not saying Suarez didn't do it btw. Probably did, he's a knob and it's the kind of moronic thing he'd do. Doesn't matter. Evra's still a liar.

Articles

FFXIV Character

A Uruguayan man who I met in an Irish pub in Barcelona out here openly said that he never understood what exactly Suarez meant when he was arguing about the meaning of the 'n' word (and on a different matter I seen kids walking around with Suarez printed Barca jerseys before the transfer rumours had begun. Can understand why Barca has a bad rep xD). Can't call that a reliable source. Why did he pinch Evra's skin and say something to him with a mean look on his face? Maybe he likes to pinch people only who he likes too.

I can see some reasons why he is likable. He seems to be a devoted father and family man. He's seems like a nice enough person, a fantastic footballer, but on the football field his passion really gets the better of him. Is there any other footballer who has had as many incidences as him in the history of the sport? He's only half way through his career. Evra could of been lying, but why would he make it up? Call me crazy but the evidence on show and the history that Suarez has makes me back Evra. Can't see why anyone wouldn't. The neglected handshake made me sick.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

I don't think you've quite got my point, Donal. I don't know whether or not Evra lied about Suarez saying something - I agree with you, Suarez probably did say something. He's a nasty piece of work when he's on the pitch. I still think to Suarez it was like calling him a ginge or a baldy or something as a stupid #bantz wind up, but it's his own fault for not looking up cultural differences when moving to another country and if he said it, yeah, drop the hammer. Still, I would've given him a lesser sentence than John Terry, who knows English culture and was filmed saying it, but for some reason England's Finest only got half the sentence. I digress.

The way I am saying Evra lied is when he put on a dramatic Oscar winning performance in the hearing. That's all, really. That's why Suarez wouldn't shake his hand, because he knew he lied to get him done.

Suarez is worse than Evra, but it doesn't mean I have any respect for either of them tbh.

Blog Entries

middle class white people like us
    Middle class? I've never been so insulted in my life

there was a picture here

Articles

Aren't you some IT consultant? I've seen photos of where you work from when they covered it in Cardiff stuff and when Doctor Who visited. You don't fool me, office lad.

As it's a Tuesday you're probably off to play squash with a bloke called Gerald (that one is for you Bubba)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Have you read the FA Disciplinary Panel's findings? Probably not.

They found no evidence that Suarez abused Evra. Lip-readers analysing footage from all angles, a plethora of pitchside microphones, the works. Why, then, did they find Suarez guilty? Because they said Patrice Evra was a more credible witness than Suarez.
    You forget to mention that Suarez actually admitted calling him negro.

Out of curiosity, is it even possible to see that full report anymore? I skim read it at the time but there was no way I was going to read all 100+ pages. Can't find it from my few google searches because they all point to FA.com with links that don't work anymore.

EDIT: Never mind, finally found it!

Articles

I've not said he didn't call him anything. Just that Evra was acting insidiously when he refused to say what it was and cried.

I saw it at the time, can't say I have it bookmarked sorry.