View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 7 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213172757 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Where in the report does it say that Evra "refused to repeat it" or that he "broke down in tears"? Just looking through the report. Did a Ctrl+F for "tears" "cry" "cried" "refused" etc. but can't find anything to back this up. If anything, it states that Evra was calm throughout repeatedly in the media.

I find the idea that he would "never repeat what he said" pretty odd too considering it is stated multiple times throughout the report that which he was called, and all accounts by everyone else state that Evra was repeating that which he was called.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They're not going to put that he cried in the bloody report xD I'll have to dig up the links later when I'm not at work.

One link I did find is Pogba and Vidal to Liverpool http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-spree-3892521 how gutted would you be, Daniel?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    They're not going to put that he cried in the bloody report xD I'll have to dig up the links later when I'm not at work.
    They've said the opposite - that he was calm throughout the entire process. They did mention he doesn't like to use the word but he did actually say the word in the same sentence that he said he doesn't like to use that word, and only explained this as the reason that he told the referee that he was called 'black' rather than 'negro' or anything similar to 'negro'. Suarez has already verified that he used the word 'negro' so this fits in with everything.
    One link I did find is Pogba and Vidal to Liverpool http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...-spree-3892521 how gutted would you be, Daniel?
    Massively! But apparently United are offering ridiculous wages and that should probably edge it. Depends on how much Vidal wants CL football this season and how much Liverpool can afford to pay him, I guess. Either way, it seems that it's all hearsay at the moment. The closest we have to real information is that Juventus will only sell for what they feel would be a bid impossible to ignore, and Vidal has noted interest from Manchester and Madrid and said he's happy with whatever happens.

Whatever happens, it seems it will probably be an "on the day" thing as the clubs are keeping quiet at the moment... the journos have said we would sign him on certain days repeatedly now and the same for Chelsea signing Pogba. Every time those days come to pass... nothing.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Haha, JT - the perfect role model. He could probably get away with any crime in England because being a good player & playing for your country is more important than any jail sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I don't think you've quite got my point, Donal. I don't know whether or not Evra lied about Suarez saying something.
    I think calling him a liar is a little unfair. He didn't do anything wrong to my recollection. I remember reading the report briefly when it came out and thinking it was harsh on him that it escalated that far and he was put under such spotlight. Again when he was booed at Anfield, but that would have happened at any stadium under the same circumstances I'd imagine. Its hard to say what really happened as we'll never find out, but I'd be prepared to take Evra's side (no bias I swear!) over Suarez. If he really did want to come out and defend himself afterward he kind of put it in beyond question for me with his vampire antics on the field. I don't think he means any of it but he just loses the run of himself in the moment.

Also, I'd be heartbroken and sob quietly if Vidal went to Liverpool. Not too bothered about Pogba as I don't like him. But it's the Mirror, they could have a headline about LeBron James joined Everton in the morning. I think Ed Woodward has learned from last seasons mistakes looking foolish going public about transfer targets. When we do sign someone, the media will have little idea up until it's about to be announced I'd say.

Who would you take at 'Pool? Remy, Bony, or other? Supposedly Remy is free to go at 8m. That would be the best deal of the summer.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

I'm making my big shot pre-season prediction as he leaves us for Tottenham: Ben Davies is the next Bale. Thankyou for based Gylfi, though.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    That would be the best deal of the summer.
    Juventus got the best deal of the summer.

Articles

Remy or Bony? I say both! Remy of the two, though.

Blog Entries

Enough of this Bony talk! If we don't talk about it, it won't happen.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Nobody cares, but as (whisper it) the Bony deal appears to be on ice and some new players are coming in, I'm getting really scared because I feel myself for the first time actually being excited for our chances in the upcoming season, and as any Liverpool fan will tell you, this can only be a bad thing.

Code:
                     Fabianski
    Rangel     Williams   Chico/Amat   Taylor
                 Britton    Shelvey
     Dyer                               Routledge
                    Sigurdsson
                       Bony
    Michu has gone but he was crocked anyway, and I have no idea what's going on with Pablo Hernandez (I will miss him more than Michu if he disappears), but with Gomis, Bartley, Montero (and hopefully De Guzman) on the bench I think we've got a bit more depth than the teaspoon's worth we had last season.

there was a picture here

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

can someone enlighten me on why Jose hates Lukaku? I feel like I've missed something

Because Jose loves Drogba!

Liverpool have certainly been active thus far and I like the depth. Still hoping for a few bigger moves, maybe a Shaqiri, a Vidal and definitely another rightback but I think we finally have enough coverage to compete on multiple fronts. Supposedly, we haven't tapped the Suarez money yet either....

Very excited I get to see my team on my home soil on Wednesday as well. Would love to see them beat City.

Take care all.

Articles

Yum yum, tasty Southampton burgers.

Articles

FAO: Manchester United fans, your doom awaits you in the final of the International Champions Cup!

That's right, after pummeling the better team from Manchester, Liverpool will smash your faces in should you dare reach the final.

THIS IS OUR YEAR

YOU HEAR ME?

THIS IS OUR smurfING GOD DAMN YEAR TO WIN THE INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP

http://www.internationalchampionscup...dule/standing/

I had no idea the friendlies we were playing were actually part of A Thing and I feel like I need to make up for lost boasting time.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This will be the first of many trophies for us under Van Gaal's reign. We will destroy an overrated Liverpool in the final match 4-0 with braces from Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher.

THIS IS OUR YEAR.

Blog Entries

What the hell is the International Champions Cup? Has football manager become real life?

there was a picture here