View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151929 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

now i'm over being blagged I'm kind of keen for it. reminds me of the glory days when we would sign the leagues legends when they were old. mcmanaman, fowler, schmeichel, dave seaman, didi, andy cole, calamity...City are back

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

SHUPER FRANK, SHUPER GOALSH

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

no i'm saving that for if he scores for us

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You top four chumps can keep your Champions League. The International Champions Cup is where it's at!

Comprehensive wins against some of the greatest teams on the planet and now... an easy knockabout against some English duffers in the final.

Articles

In 2007, United smurfed up in the CL semi-final against Milan. The next year, Liverpool smurfed up against Chelsea in the semi-final. They smurfed up because if they had won, we would've had a Liverpool v United final aka the greatest possible match up (smurf off classico) in the history of football. Either the greatest or the worst moment in the fans of both teams' lives awaited. But it was not to be... or was it? Now, history is being corrected. Destiny awaits.

ICC USA 2014 BROS LET'S DEW IT

you best not mess with jordon ibe or kristofer peterson. Take your reece james and shove him up your arse. Blackett? I spit on him. He couldn't hold a candle to conor coady.

Now now boys, calm your passions.

Everyone knows I'm always right anyway.

And I say Manchester United were trout hot tonight & I'm mega excited for this season.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Someone spare a thought for Southampton who got thoroughly smash and grabbed this summer. It's almost a tradition now for new premier league teams who did pretty well in their first season to be raided by the bigger teams.

Articles

I think Southampton did very, very well out of it, and got a lot more money than their players were worth. They'll be absolutely fine.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Besides, Pelle & especially Tadic look like quality signings. They just need to get maybe a CB to replace Lovren. Poor Le Tiss.

On the Phil Jones debate - I worry about him. While naturally you would think players in defence would get batter with age, Jones still seems to be doing the same silly things that he did when he was 19. That penalty against Liverpool the other night was an example. Might as well went in shouting banzai. I'm quite impressed with Smalling. Evans has learn't a lot over the years from a positional sense and it pays off.

Definitely need to strenghten at the back.

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I meant to post this on Tuesday but...

INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONS CUP WINNERS 2014!!!

Well there wasn't really any doubt, was there? Proof that Liverpool were a one-man team have now been proven. Now that the Hound of the W***ervilles has departed they are a mere shell of a team. Man Utd meanwhile have been given a new lease of life under Van Gaal and look set to take the Premier League by storm.

True, we have a tough run of games around March time but I fully expect the league to be sewn up by then anyway. It is entirely possible that we will match the Arsenal Invincibles with the way our squad looks.I don't believe a word of what I just said

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

On the back of this massive victory, I can see us winning the quadruple and also being crowned 2015 FIFA World Cup winners. It's inevitable.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

So what are United fans' thoughts on the coming season? Surely if they feel Utd can win the league it is a plain admission that Moyes was dross and they got it completely wrong, but I'm not sure many fans are readying themselves for the very real possibility that maybe they actually were that bad and top 4 will again be a struggle.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm wanting to wait and see how things roll, personally. Particularly with transfers. The squad we have now may look rather different by the end of the transfer season,and LVG has said it himself that he will be telling some people face to face that they are not required at United anymore once they are back from the tour (so, pretty soon I'd imagine). Then there's the question over which players we bring in, too. At the moment we need central defenders to cover injuries and I'm not sure Keane & Blackett are at the level where they can be those players. It's possible they are, I'll trust LVG to make a good call.

And then there are the central midfielders, too, of which we have questions to be asked. They were terrible last season, but they have been excellent this preseason - minus Fellaini who hasn't been there yet, but he had a good World Cup. Just poor tactics, poor management, bad form? Has Harrera really made that big an impact? What if he is injured? Can Fletcher play every week? Carrick is crocked for a couple of months longer at least.

Lots to think on, but I'm feeling confident we can make top four based on what we've seen so far. Either way it's an exciting season for United fans, just a shame we lack CL football.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Yes, we need another few good signings. But I strongly believe we will at least make the top 4 this year. And there's just one reason I strongly believe this-Louis Van Gaal. Just from watching pre-season coverage on MUTV, it is clear that has been a real shift in the mood of the players. I know it's still too soon to say, but it would seem Van Gaal has already demanded a high amount of respect from his players and will accept nothing but their best. This is something that didn't seem to happen last year- from Day 1. After having such a strong character in Sir Alex, Moyes just was not up to the test. He didn't seem to know what he was doing- and the players knew that and became more and more frustrated. They didn't feel valued and were losing faith in Moyes. However, it is undeniable to see that Van Gaal has been very successful in his career. I've also very much enjoyed listening to Van Gaal's press conferences in the past few weeks-he's a no nonsense kinda guy and does remind me of Sir Alex.

I can't wait to see what happens this season, it'll definitely be an interesting one!

In other news... Howard Webb has retired Ha!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    minus Fellaini who hasn't been there yet, but he had a good World Cup.
    You didn't see the World Cup so let me give you an honest opinion. He was atrocious and I loved it, due to my ongoing Belgium feud with Bubba. Don't let him scoring a goal - coming on against a tired and stretched Russian team - paper over the cracks. Just looked it up and statistically he was even worse than he was for United last season. I hope he stays at United.

A lot of eggs are being placed in the basket of an uncapped midfielder in his first Premier League season. Better hope he's not another Veron and more another Alonso (I have to use a Liverpool example because Man United have not bought a good CM from abroad in the history of football. Please correct me if I'm wrong!). If it pays off, happy days. imho it's still a big gamble.

Don't see United coming in the top 4 unless they strengthen CM and CB.