View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021222636 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

The bottom line is this, Man Utd as presently constituted are simply not good enough. They need to add starting Xi type players not just guys who can fill up the depth chart. Granted, they have been beset by injuries early on but that only speaks further to the need to reinforce.

Liverpool made a run at the title for many reasons, Suarez being one of the biggest. Hendo was vital because he allowed Stevie to not have to run around anymore and pick his spots, which at his age was beyond important. Not bad for someone with a strange gait, eh?

Suarez was clearly our best player, heck best in the league last year. However, it was pretty clear he was not a lifer for the squad. Rodgers is doing what most managers do, build up what he has now. Dwelling on the past leaves you stuck in it rather than pushing forward to the future.

Cesc already looks the steal of the year. Beyond me how so many passed on getting him for what is a ridiculously low price.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, I wasn't saying you're all doomed or anything. It was just a tangent on a tangent on a tangent of me saying "It was Sterling and Suarez that got you into the CL... it remains to be seen if United have that special creative player that can push us into the CL as well. Time will tell, I'm sure."

Everyone said that last year Moyes was the problem. We have LVG now - if he fails as well, it will be as good as saying "LVG isn't any better than Moyes" which I think we can all agree would be absurd. Fact is, Moyes was not the only problem we had last season and I think people are happily pointing that out now, Moyes included it seems. Honestly? I think we have a capable group of players to challenge for top four, absolutely. I think we need further strengthening in order to really solidify that challenge and turn us into leaders for the position. Title challenge? Honestly, just waaaaaaay too early to make any kind of serious call regarding the matter, but I personally don't expect it this season unless we buy Ronaldo himself, which isn't going to happen.

EDIT: Apparently Reus has turned down a significant paycheck opportunity at United. As much as I'm gutted he hasn't joined, you do have to admire a player who consistently rejects big money moves (after he quite publically turned down similar big money to join Bayern last season).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Well honestly, United had a great reign under Ferguson- that wasn't gonna last forever. It seems that the team is still suffering the after effects after he stepped down and it's not gonna be easy to climb up back again. It's no accident that the last EPL title that Utd got, they got it with many of the "mediocre" players (Smalling, Evans, Young etc) that play right now that are getting the stick; idk, somehow sir Alex (as much as I dreaded him, being a Gooner, huge respect to the guy, top manager) got the best out of them. It seems to be more of a psychological factor, you ask me.

About my team right now, damn do we look tired and not as sharp as we should be- yes, the hangover from the WC and such, but still. That game against Besiktas tonight was so, so poor. We need a CDM and a top striker. (backup CB is nearly already announced so) I don't even wanna think what's gonna happen if we fail to qualify for CL.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by supernaps View Post
    It seems to be more of a psychological factor, you ask me.
    This is definitely the case and will probably take the longest to fix.

I think we have a bit of a fear playing at Old Trafford as well. There is a complete lack of confidence when we walk out at home. It's no surprise when you think we lost seven games at home in the league all last year. Not to mention losing there to Swansea in the FA Cup and then to Sunderland on penalties in the league cup. I'm actually quite glad our next two games are away from home. Our away record last season was much better. Still doesn't mean we'll win though.

Anyway, at least I'll get to watch what will hopefully be a decent game on Monday night. Early test for Liverpool to see how serious they are for a title challenge. Though admittedly it is very difficult to get a result at the Etihad. Should be a tasty encounter though.

Could it be? Super Mario to Liverpool? We certaiy love our drama filled strikers.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Brendan Rodgers specifically said that would not happen. Just the usual media click bait.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Brendan Rodgers specifically said that would not happen. Just the usual media click bait.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878088

Well shut my mouth.

Yes smurfing please.

Blog Entries

this i would like

there was a picture here

Articles

Also in further Man United-are-turning-into-Liverpool news, what the smurf is Paul Scholes's problem? xD Like, you used to get queues of Liverpool legends lining up to take a swing at how rubbish the club now is. Paul Scholes is now a one man United-hating band which is funny as he was always so quiet as a player.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Also in further Man United-are-turning-into-Liverpool news, what the smurf is Paul Scholes's problem? xD Like, you used to get queues of Liverpool legends lining up to take a swing at how rubbish the club now is. Paul Scholes is now a one man United-hating band which is funny as he was always so quiet as a player.
    He's not hating, he's just acting like any fan would. We often criticise certain players and whatnot. Not sure if you saw during the match, but Scholes, even when we were 2-1 down, was still looking at the match saying he felt confident United could win it. He's definitely getting a case of the media on him, despite him joining the media. He can say 50 quotes and the rest of the media will latch onto the criticisms and let fly with them. Scholes, being Scholes, probably just doesn't care what the media do and shrugs it off.

It's like when he was commenting on Rooney earlier in the year. In that same report, he said that Rooney has all the skills required to replace Scholes himself. I would call that high praise. But all the negative comments made headlines and that one was shuffled under the rug.

EDIT: Also, regardless of which team he plays for, really happy that Mario is coming back into the PL. Guy is entertainment without having to be a dick.

Blog Entries

So now not only are Cardiff run by a(nother) dodgy eastern despot, they also employ racists, sexists and homophobes! All they need now is for their youth coach to turn out to be a paedophile, and we've got a full house!

there was a picture here

Articles

Cardiff texts were absolutely shockingly bad. Funny (seriously, what even is a "gay snake"?) but damn, no coming back from that.

I'm giddy like I'm waiting for Christmas. Mario, at Liverpool. I said a year or so ago my dream front three was Suarez, Mario and Zlatan. (so well known I can use their first names) Getting to see two of them play for my team is awesome. And hey, maybe in a couple of years Zlatan could finish his career here!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

what even is a "gay snake"?
    When one snake loves another snake very much, and they are both of the same sex, then...

lol i'm not gonna lie, "gay snake" made me lol irl when i read it on the football news

anyways, on the transfer front we all know that super mario is quality, but he's such a wild card- i'm happy to see him back in EPL though, he provides entertainment on many aspects of the game.

we are linked with cavani rn, man if we could get him, that would be a game changer. (along with a proper CDM)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Has anyone else noticed the interestingly biased advertising BT Sport has been running lately? I've googled some of the reactions by Arsenal fans, it's pretty funny!