View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 818222324252627282930313233343848 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

Blog Entries

Where is Heath, he is the only football thread regular I have yet to gloat over

there was a picture here

We have a few football fans on here, do we?

Who do we all support?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welcome, Magic Pot! I'm a Man Utd fan and I normally pop up once every month or so when we manage a win.

On that note, David De Gea's performance today has confirmed what I already knew. He is the best keeper in the Premier League bar none.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Thibaut Courtois.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

On that note, David De Gea's performance today has confirmed what I already knew. He is the best keeper in the Premier League bar none.
    De Gea can be erratic and reckless at times- he has the talent, always had, but needs to mature a bit more. He did save Utd today though.

On my team front though, man was that disappointing- i don't think we played (far) worse than Chelsea but they managed to capitalise on the chances they got, and we had tons of possession and nothing to show for it.
    I don't like talking about referees and stuff, but do I wonder what would have happened if the ref gave that clear as day penalty to us (Jack's shot deflected on Fabregas' arm)

anyways, Chelsea are really good this year, and it would be a very difficult task to beat them, especially since we miss a couple of key players.
    onwards and upwards, least we got 4 games ahead of us that we should take all 12 points before we play against Utd

Quote Originally Posted by supernaps View Post
    De Gea can be erratic and reckless at times- he has the talent, always had, but needs to mature a bit more. He did save Utd today though.
    De Gea's downfall can often be with corners or free kicks that get whipped into the box. Other than that I agree with Bubba about him being the best keeper in the league.

I don't like talking about referees and stuff, but do I wonder what would have happened if the ref gave that clear as day penalty to us (Jack's shot deflected on Fabregas' arm)
    Yeah I also wonder what would have happened if the ref had given the very obvious red cards to Koscielny for the pen and Welbeck for the foul near the end. Aside from the drumming Arsenal would have received by Chelsea, it would have been interesting to see them in their next game with only about three defenders available, and no striker.

With regards to Utd, for all our faults, the last few games we've played have been very entertaining. The lack of entertainment last season was one of the most depressing aspects of our form...that and we sucked balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post

Yeah I also wonder what would have happened if the ref had given the very obvious red cards to Koscielny for the pen and Welbeck for the foul near the end. Aside from the drumming Arsenal would have received by Chelsea, it would have been interesting to see them in their next game with only about three defenders available, and no striker.

With regards to Utd, for all our faults, the last few games we've played have been very entertaining. The lack of entertainment last season was one of the most depressing aspects of our form...that and we sucked balls.
    you seem to be forgetting cahill's CLEAR red card on sanchez
    and please, the welbeck challenge was a yellow, not a red- about kos, it could be debatable, nobody would blame the ref if he gave the red card to him.

utd was lucky as hell today- everton let two cheap goals in, amateur defending on both goals and de gea was having the game of his life. i guess it was entertaining if you like to watch your team suffer and getting exposed but escape with 3 lucky points

Both Koscielny and Cahill could (and probably should) have gone. Would have made the game less of a spectacle but all it confirmed for me is that Arsenal are still miles off a title challenge.

Chelsea will probably end up walking the league. Man City are the only team capable of stopping them and even then they've already blown one chance to make ground on them by not beating them at their place. They're too erratic away from home anyway.

And there's no way De Gea is the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, and given the team I support I should know a thing or two about bad goalkeepers!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I'm a Newcastle fan... not much to really be proud of considering how cringeworthy the fanbase has been the limelight lately but hey, stuck by them for years, no reason to jump ship. Never is!

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by supernaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post

you seem to be forgetting cahill's CLEAR red card on sanchez
    and please, the welbeck challenge was a yellow, not a red- about kos, it could be debatable, nobody would blame the ref if he gave the red card to him.
    You are absolutely correct, he should have walked. I only didn't mention it because Chelsea can live without Cahill, whereas Arsenal losing another Defender now that Chambers is out for a game would be a disaster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Pot View Post
    And there's no way De Gea is the best goalkeeper in the Premier League, and given the team I support I should know a thing or two about bad goalkeepers!
    Confirmed for Tottenham

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm just miffed that De Gea didn't get a single bonus point despite everyone and their dog saying he was the difference. >=/
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Both Koscielny and Cahill could (and probably should) have gone. Would have made the game less of a spectacle but all it confirmed for me is that Arsenal are still miles off a title challenge.

Chelsea will probably end up walking the league. Man City are the only team capable of stopping them and even then they've already blown one chance to make ground on them by not beating them at their place. They're too erratic away from home anyway.

Chelsea is the strongest atm, but there's no backup for Costa- if he gets injured, they are done- unlike City, who have a couple of players that can cover in that position. Other than the striker front, I'd say they are equal.

As for us, I've said it from the beginning, that it was a DISASTER we didn't sign a world class CDM, and a good backup CB. Had we strenghten those positions, we'd be true contenders. Sadly, you don't make omelette with should/coulda/woulda.
    I have to say though, I've seen stranger things happening, it's still too early to crown Chelsea as the EPL champions, there are a lot of stuff that can happen in a season; injuries, bad patches, bad form etc.
    But, sadly can't deny that they are looking the strongest rn. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    Confirmed for Tottenham
    Haha! Nope, not a Spurs fan. When I say bad, I mean, extremely bad!

If I were to say to you that my team have suffered arguably the biggest decline in English football in recent years then that'll probably give you an idea as to who I support.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wtf Old Manus? Lloris is probably second only to Courtois. (Don't worry Bubba, De Gea is third)

Also as a fellow Red who has seen the terrors of James, Westerweld, Brad Friedel when he was trout, Dudek, Kirkland, Carson, the decline of Reina and now the Mignolet nightmare I feel your pain Magic Pot. Though I wouldn't say our decline has been recent. It was over 20 years ago and we've maintained a nice 8th to 2nd zone since then.

Oh, and have faith. Valdes is on his way.