Thread: The Casting in Batman V Superman & X-Men: Apocalypse.

Default The Casting in Batman V Superman & X-Men: Apocalypse.

Do you think the casting of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, and Olivia Munn as Psylocke are inspired choices? I mean, at first blush, they don't seem that way. I'm pretty sure that every fan who has heard about these casting choices has probably asked themselves, what is the casting director smoking!?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Not sold on the first two. Don't know much about Psylocke or Olivia to say whether or not it's a good fit.

I'm pretty sure Wikipedia has all the stuff you need to know about Psylocke, Ayen. But I can understand why you don't want to look at it. I get bored looking at Wikipedia, too.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could see Eisenberg doing a good Lex. But when it comes to Wonder Woman I've always been a fan of the tall, somewhat muscular, warrior portrayal of her. Particularly in Kingdom Come, and even more so New Frontier where Superman actually had to raise his head slightly to look her in the eye. So as far as looking like my ideal Wonder Woman Gadot doesn't do it for me. Maybe she'll play her well, though I'm not sure that'll happen since she's had very few acting roles and I've seen none of them so I can't even comment except to say she doesn't seem to have a ton of experience in front of the camera.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She was a beast in New Frontier! I don't think I'd want that particular version of her in a cinematic universe, but I understand where you're coming from, Vivi. I have more of an issue than I'd like to admit when a character doesn't fit how I think they should look, even in the comics when a new artist comes on the book.

It's a little less believable that she can take a hit from someone like Darkseid as Gadot looks really lean, but she looks good in the suit and I'm glad WW is getting some attention this early on into the universe. I'm just excited to see the trinity together on the big screen!

Eisenberg, however, I have no problem voicing my disdain over. I had my doubts when he was cast, and with this new trailer I feel I'm justified in not liking this casting choice. Lex Luthor is a subtle kind evil and I just don't think Eisenberg can pull that off. I get more of a Gene Hackman-Luthor vibe from that trailer, and coming from a comic reader's standpoint that's never really resonated with me. I do realize I could be wrong and he might be the best portrayal of Luthor since the Justice League cartoon, but I don't think we exist in that universe.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Eisenberg is a fine actor and we know he's great at playing billionaire douchebags because of The Social Network. Gadot seems fine too, but it doesn't matter who they cast as Luthor or Wonder Woman anyway because it's a Zack Snyder film and will therefore be overblown nonsense.

No problems with Olivia Munn either, I mean First Class got away with having January Jones who is far worse than Munn.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"