View Poll Results: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chelsea

6 66.67%
  • Liverpool

0 0%
  • Manchester City

1 11.11%
  • Other (Spurs, Everton, Swansea etc)

2 22.22%
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516172131 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper Football season 2014-2015 thread

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, apparently Falcao is going to either City or Liverpool according to the bookies. Bugger off, Falcao! Can't you see United are trying to get back into the top four?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

He was never going to stick it out at Monoco despite his tax-free pay packet, but I'm surprised the Premier League seems his likely destination. He seemed tailor-made for Real Madrid's recent spending spree.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Real Madrid's spending spree still has to comply with FFP. Even they have their limits, and they have spent very heavily over recent years, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm still in shock at Everton spending £28m on Lukaku. Can't wait to see Chelsea's reaction when they only receive a cheque for £28.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You know when you're sure you had 40p in your pocket but you can't find it now? So you just shrug and let it go as in the grand scheme of things, 40p isn't huge?

Yeah, that's what Chelsea do with £28m cheques.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know it's only the Charity Shield but I do enjoy watching City get beat.

If Liverpool can sign Moreno (Sounds like he might come after his next game), another striker and possibly a good backup GK this will be a very successful window.

I know Klopp and company did not play anything close to a full squad, but Liverpool looked a real team today.

I think Sterling and little Phillippe are primed for huge seasons and with our depth we can cover a lot of injuries and the amount of matches to come. Hendo has looked fantastic as well and Lovren made quite an amazing first appearance for the squad. Poor Agger will be missed but I don't see him getting many games this year so perhaps it's time to move on abroad, just not to any of our prem rivals.

This is probably Stevie's last season as a regular in the starting 11 so I think maybe he'll play a lot of 70+ minute matches and be deputized by Can, who has looked immense.

The team's flow looks excellent and they actually seem to be pulling for one another again which is a good sign. Losing your best player can sometimes unbalance a team's chemistry but here's hoping that Brendan has been able to pull everyone closer together.

I still don't really get how Man Utd expect to challenge for top 4 with their D at the moment. They really need to have a big end to the window. Chelsea and Man City could be strong but I think we can hold our own against them, especially at home. Arsenal look primed for a big season two but I'm curious who they get for the hole in D as well.

Just 6 days away!

Take care all.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Probably never want to watch a Manchester Derby again then.

Blog Entries

#topbantz

there was a picture here

Articles

#ironicuseofhashtag

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Probably never want to watch a Manchester Derby again then.
    Of course I will as I'll be getting behind my team. I am fully aware that most likely I will not be watching a City loss on any of these occasions.

I will enjoy both league games against the dirty red scousers this season though as it's pretty much a guaranteed six points for us.

Articles

Like it was last year.

Oh.

lol.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You know when you're sure you had 40p in your pocket but you can't find it now? So you just shrug and let it go as in the grand scheme of things, 40p isn't huge?

Yeah, that's what Chelsea do with £28m cheques.
    Haha! It's sad but it's true.

I checked out the highlights of the 'Pool-Dortmund match and they were excellent. Sterling is going to be an excellent player and Lovren is an excellent signing. Maybe he might teach Skrtel about positional defending. I expect Liverpool to have just as good a season as last.

As for United, I hope LVG wasn't banking on Vermaelen. He's apparently injured anyway so dodged a bullet with that one. There's a serious lack of good players ATM in world football. Who's a top class CB? Striker? Winger? Anyway, we need someone for that position. Thoughts of Carrick as cover again makes me shiver.

I can't wait for the season to start!

Str8 Pimpin'

Articles

Yeah, a lot of hype about Liverpool not replacing Suarez. Last season Liverpool played with a front 3 of Suarez, Sturridge and either Sterling or Coutinho. Now it's Sturridge Sterling and Coutinho, which isn't so bad. Sterling is growing and improving all the time and was the one dragging Liverpool over the line in the last two months of last season when both Sturridge and Suarez ran out of gas, and Coutinho is wonderful to watch too.

I agree that United got lucky in not getting Vermaelen. Not the monster he once was. Quite how such an error prone defender got his pick of United and Barca gigs I don't know.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo

I will probably talk troute most of these season... mainly to annoy Psy. But here is my honest opinion on how the top four will end up.

1) Chelsea
    2) Man City
    3) Liverpool
    4) Arsenal

Chelsea and City will be hard to catch or match in terms of quality and strength. Liverpool and Arsenal won't be too far behind. I feel for us though that 5th or 6th isn't too disappointing following last season. We have a massive rebuild over the next couple of years. Having Van Gaal at the helm will definitely be a plus for us.

I'm honestly hoping for only one or two new players to join us before the end of August. Too many new faces at once generally means you spend half your season trying to gel... and with the pressure on a club like Man Utd... it will probably cause unrest.

All I'm hoping for is a bit of squad unity... and to see us play with a bit of ambition. If we're competing in the Europa League next season then so be it.

Best of luck to all teams involved. Now back to banter... and me pretending we are the greatest club on the planet!

MMMF MMMF I LVOE MAN UNITED!!