Thread: Dragon Quest XI confirmed for console release.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Dragon Quest XI confirmed for console release.

In the bustling time of E3, with people checking out the newest offerings of games and reveling in the storm of future game announcements, sometimes some information for future titles not heavily featured do get get revealed outside of the event. During a radio interview held this week. Yuji Horii revealed that the next installment of his iconic Dragon Quest franchise would be heading to major consoles though he did not specify which consoles or what type of game to expect.

The most recent entry in the series franchise, Dragon Quest X, was the series first MMO offering which was released for both the Wii and Wii U and eventually released on Windows and Android later on, though only in Japan. In recent weeks, due to a more favorable financial forecast, Square-Enix began talks of finally releasing the game outside of Japan.

Though no release dates have been given, some fans expect the next installment to be released in 2016 to coincide with the franchises 30th Anniversary. Hopefully more details of the next installment will surface later this year at the Tokyo Game Show or Jump Fiesta events.

Sources: Wired - Square Enix Teases Finally Bringing Dragon Quest X Stateside
    Siliconera - Dragon Quest XI Is In Development, And Will Be Made For Home Consoles
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hopefully it's single player and, my hope against hope, similar to DQVIII.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I don't consider myself a huge DQ fan, but I sunk more hours into IX with its addictive grotto system than any other game I've ever played (in one playthrough). Here's hoping XI is just as awesome and somewhat less grindy.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Yaaaasssssss

All I need is news about DQ7 on 3DS...

A single player Dragon Quest and please bring it to the PS4/Xbox One. Hell throw the PC community a bone while you're at it. Wide release for a bigger market Square, that's the way to go.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    A single player Dragon Quest and please bring it to the PS4/Xbox One. Hell throw the PC community a bone while you're at it. Wide release for a bigger market Square, that's the way to go.
    Mods feel free to close the thread.

Has it really been 10 years since a proper Dragon Quest has been made? I guess I will have to check out IX eventually.