Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 legged creature of DOOM

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin 8 legged creature of DOOM

Do you have any phobias?

I have arachnophobia. I don't mean that I'm a little bit scared of spiders. I know my fear is completely irrational, but I have zero control over it.

I am so scared by spiders that when I walk into a room, I scan it for spiders. If I see a web in my house, I freak out if I can't find the maker of said web.

I have silly window battles with my other half, because I don't want any spiders to come in. He will open the windows, I will close them again.

I can't touch them. If I see one, my boyfriend must remove it immediately. Once, he was away on work and there was a spider in our bedroom and I called him and pretty much had a mental breakdown on the phone. Crying. About a spider! It's ridiculous.

My boyfriend recently bought me some spider repellent to spray around our windows and doors. Apparently they hate peppermint.

Spiders eat brains. They're smaller, faster, eight legged zombies.

Tell me about your fears.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I have a fear of heights and flying. The former is so bad I have a hard time sitting in stands that go up a certain height and you can forget about me ever sitting in a balcony. I have never flown on a plane in my life and it will be a cold day in hell before I ever step foot in one.

Blog Entries

It's not really a phobia so much but I just absolutely hate being wet! hate hate hate!!! It has to be REALLY hot water for me to not be hating life.

For some reason I'm scared of snakes! Like literally ridiculously so.

I never knew, I always thought I liked snakes until one of my friends got some and I was in the same room with them and freaked out. It didn't help that he chased me with them after that! But I ran for my life.

I still like snakes. But I can never touch one.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So, even though spiders apparently hate peppermint it did not stop one thinking they were allowed to enter my bedroom tonight.

When I come across a spider I have to launch a full scale military operation on exactly how I'm going to relocate it into a glass and then outside. It's pretty scary, too

Articles
    Blog Entries

I gotten to the point where I can't even bring myself to kill insects anymore. It's like, two more is just going take their place. Smurf it. Piss and trout on the ceiling for all I care.

I used to be really scared of spiders until I realized one day that whilst spiders have eight legs, Centipedes have a hundred legs and now mostly I'm just scared of centipedes.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Braaaaaains

I'm not a fan of bugs. God do I hate roaches.

I'm not good w/ open heights. I'm fine in a skyscraper or an airplane, but I'm not good on bridges or standing on a ladder.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

heights, escalators, snakes, more snakes, more heights, lizards, lobsters

EDIT: Actually, honestly, I am queen scared. Things I am not normally afraid of, if I see it out there in the wild I will freak out. Like turtles. I like turtles. I had 2 turtles as pets. But when I saw one when I was out on a walk I was scared of it and I have no idea why

My body's reaction to things is apparently to cry and run away from them

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh god, I forgot about escalators.

smurf escalators! Seriously.

The title reminded me of a really funny Hyperbole and a Half post. My god that one was funny.

Back on topic... well I don't really have any conventional phobias like a fear of spiders, bugs or complete darkness besides a fear of being high above the ground (though I think most people have that, and I probably wouldn't have it if I grew wings). Nonetheless there's still some things I'm frightened of, like being totally and completely alone, or Sephy (that one's weakened recently though), or the Slender Man. I generally fear things I can't defeat or escape from, and the latter two are most certainly things I couldn't hope to defeat or run from.... so... yeah.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I have a fear of heights and flying. The former is so bad I have a hard time sitting in stands that go up a certain height and you can forget about me ever sitting in a balcony. I have never flown on a plane in my life and it will be a cold day in hell before I ever step foot in one.
    Out of curiosity, how do you know you'll be afraid of flying if you've never done it? Like, being serious here. I have a friend who's very scared of heights too but she's actually perfectly fine with flying.

As for phobias. I hate spiders too, and a lot of the times I seem to be able to sense when one is in the room even if I can't see it. I dunno what it is, I just suddenly start feeling tense and the hairs on the back of my neck start standing up. As for creepy crawlies in general, I'm not hugely bothered by them - depends how ugly they are

Other irrational fears include, meeting new people, going new places or just generally going outside of my comfort zone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you know you'll be afraid of flying if you've never done it? Like, being serious here. I have a friend who's very scared of heights too but she's actually perfectly fine with flying.
    Because ever since 9/11 I can't so much as listen to an airplane fly over my house without cringing in my chair.

I have a fear of heights, and have had a fear of driving since my traffic accident. Mario Kart 8 has actually been strangely good therapy for that one, though.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.