Thread: "It's like Mario RPG."

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default "It's like Mario RPG."

Is there an existing franchise that you would like to see made in the vein of Mario RPG/Paper Mario? A recent example of that style is South Park and the Stick of Truth.

If I am going to pick another Nintendo franchise to be made into an RPG, I would pick Kirby. I think they would think of creative and lighthearted way to pick fun of RPG tropes (The RPG inspired boss battles in Kirby Super Star come to mind as a very minor example).

As for something random? Star Trek. Of course it would be a far more serious game in tone and style, but I think the right developer could make it work. Doesn't matter if it is based off one of the shows or is simply set in the Star Trek universe.

Your picks?
    Last edited by Sephex; 06-19-2014 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Typos...we meet again...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Powerpuff Girls.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I really just want a Super Mario RPG 2.

Also give me a Pokemon game in this style. Not a main series one; just one where you get to be different parties of Pokemon having adventures together
    Last edited by Pike; 06-19-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Another Super Mario RPG 2 please and I like the Kirby idea, but I don't want it to play like any of the Mario RPG games.

I've been waiting my entire freaking life for a Ninja Turtles RPG. All the TMNT games are action, combat, and stage oriented. But imagine a huge city (think Arkham City) with a sprawling sewer system (think Mega Man Legends), weapon and skill upgrades...oh man, it could be the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    I've been waiting my entire freaking life for a Ninja Turtles RPG. All the TMNT games are action, combat, and stage oriented. But imagine a huge city (think Arkham City) with a sprawling sewer system (think Mega Man Legends), weapon and skill upgrades...oh man, it could be the best thing ever.
    That actually sounds really badass. XD I love TMNT.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCross1988 View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36583

The rumors were false and they're not actually making a game like this, but I'm pretty sure that this is the thing I have waited for my entire life. Screw Arkham Knight, put all funding into an Arkham-style TMNT game (With awesome Casey Jones sections).

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post

The rumors were false and they're not actually making a game like this, but I'm pretty sure that this is the thing I have waited for my entire life. Screw Arkham Knight, put all funding into an Arkham-style TMNT game (With awesome Casey Jones sections).
    Yes. This. All of this. Why does it have to be false

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Oh wow, I'm loving this TMNT rpg idea lol. So stupid but so smurfing rad.

Quote Originally Posted by Perducci View Post

Yes. This. All of this. Why does it have to be false
    Imagine the Batmobile mechanics from the Arkham Knight trailers, except instead of the Batmobile, it's the Turtle Van and you're just cruising around New York fighting Ninjas and animal mutants.