Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steam Summer Sales 2014

Today's sales are actually quite good. Best day so far IMO. Too bad I already own what I would buy anyways. xD

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Spelunky is $4! This one of my favorite games of all time. Everyone should buy immediately.

I bought Shadowrun with credit from selling random Steam cards and Dota stuff. Nothing else so far.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see, I've bought Dynasty Warriors 8, Bulletstorm, Shadowrun Returns, Call of Juarez, and The Wolf Among Us. Plus Xenonauts came out but I'd bought that years ago when it was first announced.

The Wolf Among Us is a masterpiece. I picked it up to get some Telltale while waiting for the next Walking Dead, but now I'm going to be playing TWD to pass the time between TWAU episodes.

Bulletstorm is even more of a classic and contains some of the finest art in history, expressed in the twin mediums of gore and cussing.

DW8 is, well, Dynasty Warriors. If you're expecting anything groundbreaking there I don't know what to tell you. It is, however, DW with ridiculous amounts of content and about as well as the game has been done since DW4 back in the day so yeah.

Not tried the other two yet. Too busy with Xenonauts.

e; Titan Quest and Mountain Blade are both on sale. Get them. TQ is the best ARPG between Diablo 2 and Torchlight, whilst Mountain Blade is the best medieval combat simulator ever made, with the possible exception of Chivalry because Chivalry has a WAR SCREAM button.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I picked up Mount and Blade, I've seen a GoT mod for it and I smurfing have to get stuck into that. And all I can say is thank smurf I saw an LP of The Wolf Among Us or I'd snaff that too. And don't tempt me with your Dynasty Warriors talk

The worst or possibly best thing is that it was payday on Friday. Hmm, payday, maybe I should buy Payd.... NO. NO NO NO NO GOD DAMN IT.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I recommend the GoT mod for Mount and Blade. Heard terrible things about the PC version of Dynasty Warriors, but... maybe.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Dark Souls for $4. :O The PC port sucks a bit but there's a good patch someone threw together to make it not suck, search for dsfix.

FTL for $4 - also an amazing game. You run your own spaceship while bad guys chase you, kind of like a weird Star Trek episode. Each game is randomly generated and there are tons of new ships to unlock. This game is hard, and doing well takes learning and skill. Beating it for the first time was very rewarding.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Seconding FTL. Was thinking of doing a LP for it because it's just fantastic.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Possibly too late with this one but if you see this in the next 18 minutes then Awesomenauts for 99 cents is an absolute steal. I've easily poured 80 hours ito it and I'm certainly not done having fun with it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/204300/

Yes FTL is awesome. I absolutely suck at the game, but it is sooo fun.

I picked up Sanctum 2 and Castle Crashers cause my brother and friend got them both today, using up the rest of my steam wallet. Hopefully there isn't really anything else I need cause I'm so broke right now. D:

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Seconding FTL. Was thinking of doing a LP for it because it's just fantastic.
    I also love FTL and was so proud of myself when I beat it on "easy" mode!

I got Papers Please, Wolf Among Us, and The Walking Dead Season Two (I know I ranted about being sick of zombies in the unpopular pop culture opinion thread, but the game series of The Walking Dead is the ONLY exception to that opinion of mine).

Been playing Wolf Among Us and cleared Chapter 2 earlier. Very good game so far. I may or may not catch all the way up in the next day or two.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214770/

Yo guys Guacamelee is super super fun. You go around punching out skeletons to great music. What's not to love?

I also suck at FTL, but yeah it's brilliant. Dat soundtrack, good stuff.

Today I bought Fallout 3 GOTY, it's not on the main page but it's a little cheaper than Fallout New Vegas which is, and in my opinion nowhere near as good as 3. Also I'm certain New Vegas has been cheaper in previous sales.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/214770/

Yo guys Guacamelee is super super fun. You go around punching out skeletons to great music. What's not to love?
    This game is seriously awesome if you like Metroidvanias and chicken costumes.

Today's deals:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - 50% off
    The Banner Saga - 50% off
    Bioshock Infinite - 75% off
    Kerbal Space Program - 40% off
    Batman: Arkham Origins - 75% off
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - 50% off
    Endless Space - 75% off
    Child of Light - 25% off
    Company of Heroes 2 - 75% off

Arkham Origins is a steal at that price, as is Endless Space is that's your thing.

I've bought Next Car Game as that looks badass, and I'm tempted by Company of Heroes 2 although reviews have been mixed for that one. Also that would take my total spending for this sale to nearly £50, which I probably shouldn't be doing.