View Poll Results: Did you beat this game/

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Finished it ~LOOOOOVVVEEEDDD IIIITTTTT!!!!~

20 64.52%
  • Barely finished it because I didn't like it

4 12.90%
  • Didin't finish it, but I enjoyed what I played, just life happened...

1 3.23%
  • Didn't finished it cause I thought it was terrible.

3 9.68%
  • Reagonomics!

3 9.68%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many people have beaten this game?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've put hundreds of hours into the game and it's my favorite FF. I've only beaten the final boss once though~

This game has so much optional content it's not even funny. I'm fairly certain that a good 40-60% of the game is entirely optional... AND I LOVE THAT.
    But yeah, I've beaten it... once.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I feel that the poll is missing "finished it once, liked it, but that's it" opinion or something.

I personally LOVED the gameplay, it feels so MMORPG-ish yet it isn't. I loved Gambits since come on... Who enjoys hitting attack 12 thousand times? If anything playing with gambits to make the best possible outcome was totally great!

But truth to be told, I didn't exactly care for the story at all. At first it felt very slow to me, then it felt very political to me and in the end I had to kill final boss I agreed with. Seriously, what was bad about letting races of Ivalice choosing their own fate?

I will eventually replay it though. I got my hands on copy of IZJS but since I just got Vita, I'll probably play other games and wait for FFXII HD remaster.

Articles

The game and the story, dull as bricks. I only finished the game for completion sake. I spent most my time doing the hunts, finding all the weapons. That's where I spent my time in this game. There is a speedrun for FF12 on how long to beat sitting at just under 9 hours. That's pretty short.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Never finished it, and by terrible I mean I got bored. I plan to play it again in September for a review. I doubt I'll finish it then, either. Even if I like it. Just a habit with me. I seldom finished many of the games I play. I either lose interest, don't have the time, or I suck at it.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    There is a speedrun for FF12 on how long to beat sitting at just under 9 hours. That's pretty short.
    I'm not surprised by the under 9 hrs., since it's easy to run from almost every battle. Make a beeline for the required destination, defeat boss, move on w/ story. Probably a lot easier than any of the other FFs w/ the random battles.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not to mention its the first FF to let you skip all the cutscenes so that would make it much easier as well.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

it took me a year or so but i finished it
    its just so vast

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I did it, but it was a hell of a grind and an effort to get over the finish line. It's a shame because I really enjoyed the early stages in Rabanastre and the surrounding sands but it began to feel like more of a chore than a game. At the end I was just running at full pelt through dungeons with a conga line of monsters at my heel because I simply could not be bothered to fight anymore. I just wanted it to end. This was the first Final Fantasy that I did not replay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Never finished it, and by terrible I mean I got bored.
    My boyfriend had this exact same experience. He only played it briefly, at a friend's house, but he found the beginning insufferably boring. He said that once he finished X and X-2, he'll tackle XII again seeing how I own it, and that he's really enjoying X.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I didn't really like it when I first got it, so I didn't beat it back then. However having started it last summer, I've been playing it on and off for a total of 30 hours of gameplay, and I plan on beating it. I'm currently at (SPOILER)Drace's Execution, and I've been loving the game so far, so much so that it's currently one of my favorite games. I know the story meanders, and there's all the stuff about the Occuria, etc, but I'm having fun, and I can totally see myself replaying the game in the future (maybe 3 years from beating the game, but I'd still replay it).
    Returners Represent!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Completed it twice, I think, but played it around four times. I would kill for an updated HD remake.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Never finished it, and by terrible I mean I got bored.
    My boyfriend had this exact same experience. He only played it briefly, at a friend's house, but he found the beginning insufferably boring. He said that once he finished X and X-2, he'll tackle XII again seeing how I own it, and that he's really enjoying X.
    I actually enjoyed the opening sequence with the narration at the beginning. It's after all of that that I got bored with it. Just felt like the game got put on ice by the time you reach Vaan.

Finished it a long time ago but I didn't like it as much as some of the other FF games.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I finished it. I didn't "love" it immediately, but it was very enjoyable, and one of the only FFs that I actually had fun simply exploring. I've been meaning to replay it, but it's just so damn big.