Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove a class/Add a class

I have to admit, I did fail to account for Interceptor. However, that said, with the way FF1 is programmed he would probably be bugged and ineffective anyway. Assuming he did work (and I'd love to see 8-bit Interceptor bite a shark >: D), the chance of him blocking/countering is still random in a game that doesn't especially favor player-end luck, and he does spell damage, not physical, which, with the Int bug in place, means he would counter attack for 55 or 66 damage before resistance factoring. The block certainly can't be understated, but the damage leaves a lot to be desired.

Regarding the Throw command, I am quite curious what you see in the command that is game breaking in the context of FF6. :o The special damage multiplier it carries is the same as a critical hit and morph's, which is great but far from gamebreaking, and the defense ignoring property isn't too overly impressive considering you lose the weapon you threw and the Ultima Weapon and Valiant Knife possess it as well. It certainly isn't weak, by any stretch, but it also doesn't strike me as Rage, Blitz, Slots, or Morph level powerful.

Additionally, considering the skill in terms of FF1, I think it would work out okay since the best weapons you can buy, and thus stock for throwing, are relatively weak (unlike the Shurikens in a certain other NES title ), and the damage from what amounts to an auto-critical attack is easily outmatched by a Fighter simply attacking three times (maybe five-ish if you factor in the defense penetration) with a superior weapon.

Assuming "thowing" worked like it did in NES FFIII, on the other hand, and you could get multiple hits from dual "thrown" weapons, then the defense penetration and auto-crit would be crazy; I had envisioned a standard double-damage, defense penetrating throw command, however.
    Last edited by Rez09; 06-27-2014 at 06:39 AM.