Thread: Blue Is The Warmest Colour

Default Blue Is The Warmest Colour

Anyone read this graphic novel? Seen the film that came out not too long ago?

I love it, it's heartbreaking, and so real. Both of them. Though I have to admit, and this is a rarity, I prefer the film. The director is a visionary and for me, the film hit a level of realism the graphic novel could not. I love both though. Not just because of the hot incredibly realistic nude 20 minute long lesbian sex scene either; the way school life is depicted with coming to terms and understanding one's own sexuality really vibes with me from my experiences of realising I was bisexual in school. It is an incredibly arty, gritty, real French film but not in a pretentious way.

If you have not read, or seen, I really suggest you do!

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Really good film and I loved what they did with colors
    Having said that I thought the sex scene was exploiting the actors and have heard from others that the actors did complain about the way the directors handled it

It was a comic first?

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Really good film and I loved what they did with colors
    Having said that I thought the sex scene was exploiting the actors and have heard from others that the actors did complain about the way the directors handled it

It was a comic first?
    Yeah, the story is slightly different. It's great, beautiful art, beautifully written, but I prefer the movie.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been wanting to see this film, but not sure if it's just a film about lesbians because I don't want to see a film just about people's sexual orientation. That's boring to me. It better have some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    I've been wanting to see this film, but not sure if it's just a film about lesbians because I don't want to see a film just about people's sexual orientation. That's boring to me. It better have some depth.
    I don't think they could have put more depth into this movie if they tried, it is the epitome of depth