Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFVIII on Steam now has game boosting "cheats"

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default FFVIII on Steam now has game boosting "cheats"

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/23/fi...ficial-cheats/

http://www.ffviiipc.com/

For people who want to fully engage in the story aspect of Final Fantasy VIII but don't have the time for 100+ hours of gameplay, there are new game boosting abilities designed with you in mind.

Some of the new things you can do include:

-High Speed Mode: fast forward the game to five times the normal speed.

-Battle Assistance: ATB gauge always full, limit break always available, no damage from status ailments, HP always full, no damage taken from enemies...

-9999: Pressing F3 will allow you to do 9999 damage, recovery items and spells will cure 9999 damage.

-AP Max: sets all currently learned GF abilities to the max level

-Magic and Gil Max: Pressing F5 will set gil to its maximum limit and magic will be set to 100

"Final Fantasy VIII is a great classic with or without gameboosters," Square Enix wrote. "If, however, you've been holding off pulling the gunblade trigger on this one because you're concerned about the investment of 100+ hours of gameplay, these game boosters will be sure to help you speed things up."

...I've done everything in this game in way less than 100 hours. Multiple times.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yes Squenix, let's make one of the easiest games in the franchise even easier with cheats.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

smells like casual spirit
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

nobody has to use them if they don't want to

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't care for cheats... but that speedup sure sounds convenient and practical.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would agree that it is for casual gamers but I think I will just watch a FF VIII playthrough video off youtube or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Explain this one, please. I was not aware that GF Abilities could actually level up. You might unlock a better ability, to be sure, but the base ability is still there. This also wouldn't make sense as an "AP Max" ability, because "currently learned" means that you have already spent the AP on it.

I'm guessing it actually means "learns all abilities for all currently acquired GFs". But some confirmation would be nice.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

"If, however, you've been holding off pulling the gunblade trigger on this one because you're concerned about the investment of 100+ hours of gameplay, these game boosters will be sure to help you speed things up."
    I really don't understand this. If you don't want to play the game properly, don't buy it. Stick with Candy Crush if you want your quick fix.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Explain this one, please. I was not aware that GF Abilities could actually level up. You might unlock a better ability, to be sure, but the base ability is still there. This also wouldn't make sense as an "AP Max" ability, because "currently learned" means that you have already spent the AP on it.I'm guessing it actually means "learns all abilities for all currently acquired GFs". But some confirmation would be nice.
    It's an argument of semantics, but I'll clarify.

junction3.gif

The GF abilities you do have already will be set to complete. When you learn new abilities, however, you'll have to set the AP Max again so that the new ones will be complete as well.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
    "If, however, you've been holding off pulling the gunblade trigger on this one because you're concerned about the investment of 100+ hours of gameplay, these game boosters will be sure to help you speed things up."
    I really don't understand this. If you don't want to play the game properly, don't buy it. Stick with Candy Crush if you want your quick fix.
    That's a super boring way to approach video games though. Some games are much more fun when played "improperly".

maybe it's for people that want to play through the game a 2nd time for the story and not just the experience. or you never know, some people that are just now getting into games may find some of the older titles a little difficult and they put these features in to help them not get frustrated and allow them to complete the game or something. I know that some of the older console games for NES are extremely difficult to play some times even when they weren't so years ago.

Articles

I like the idea of having boosters personally. I like the grind so long as it's my choosing, but I would prefer to not have to grind if possible. Things like 9999 damage isn't cool, but saving myself countless hours because I don't want to AP farm all the GFs is pretty big.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

This kind of thing doesn't bother me. You don't have to use them if you don't want to, after all.

"But Pike, back in MY day..."

Oh yeah, well back in my day RPGs were entirely text based so FFVIII was easy to begin with sorry

Articles

They are optional for those people that have a 7 year backlog of games to work through and may be interested in playing FF8 again at some point without the time investment it takes to grind to max stats. I know FF8 is way down my list for a replay because of the grinding required to get up to Stomping everything's butt level.