Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wakka

Blog Entries

Aside from being a big friendly fella, his hatred for the Al Bhed and his devotion to Yevon means he's kind of representative of most Yevonites. I think having that sort of character in the party was important for the plot and aided in the players understanding of Spira, particularly as Yevon's true colours start to show.
    In battle, he's awesome. Strength just about on par with Auron, best Accuracy, status effects and most damaging Overdrive.

One thing that's always bothered me about Wakka is the fact that he uses a Blitzball in battle.
    I mean, he's on a team that hasn't won for 23 years right? I know he wasn't part of the team the whole time and probably only 'turned pro' a few years before Tidus washed ashore, but nonetheless... Statistically, he was one of the worst Blitzers in Spira when we first meet him. So why the Blitzball? If anything, Tidus and Wakka should swap weapons. Wakka had plenty of time to learn how to use Brotherhood since Chappu left it behind. Presumably there's not much else to do in Besaid. And Tidus is the superstar right? Why just have Wakka throwing the ball at fiends when Tidus could've been Jecht Shotting it every turn?

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post
    I love Wakka, he's a big goofball. I also love his gravity defying ginger quiff.
    He uses a lot of product for someone who lives on a tropical island.
    He uses flan. For his hair.

He has a wicked hot wife.

And he can throw a spiked ball at very long range and then catches it without hurting himself.

That's cool.

So cool that Shakira made a song about him.
    Last edited by jeo2388; 07-10-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I liked him okay. Never really felt strongly about him either way and I don't hate characters nearly as much as other people do for whatever reason. Never found him annoying either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    One thing that's always bothered me about Wakka is the fact that he uses a Blitzball in battle.
    I mean, he's on a team that hasn't won for 23 years right? I know he wasn't part of the team the whole time and probably only 'turned pro' a few years before Tidus washed ashore, but nonetheless... Statistically, he was one of the worst Blitzers in Spira when we first meet him. So why the Blitzball? If anything, Tidus and Wakka should swap weapons. Wakka had plenty of time to learn how to use Brotherhood since Chappu left it behind. Presumably there's not much else to do in Besaid. And Tidus is the superstar right? Why just have Wakka throwing the ball at fiends when Tidus could've been Jecht Shotting it every turn?
    That's a good point. Not sure why they did it that way.

didn't care for him very much. like his moves, just not his accent.

Articles

He's a naive doofus that can't any situation, but he takes everything on the chin and just rolls with it. He's pretty okay I guess.

I hated the fact that he was really just religion fanatic at least in the
    beginning beginning

I am seriously against any form of fanatic religion in this game.