Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: did you know that kmart still exists

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a k-mart in penn station New York and I've seen them else where. This is not surprising to me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I had no idea Shopko or Fred Meyer still existed until a couple of years ago.
    Fred Meyer does not surprise me but Shopko does

Also re: Kmart and Sears, I have worked at both and both are terrible places to work.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't think K Mart is suffering here as much as it is apparently suffering everywhere else. See them everywhere. They're kind of meh tier though. I think Big W and Target are probably outranking them in most stuff.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

My work is literally next door to where a Kmart used to be. It's nothing but rubble now. They are, however, going to build something else in that spot.

There is another one not too far from my work that is simply closed down. I actually snagged a super cheap copy of the PSP version of Final Fantasy when everything was on clearance. I'd say this was probably three or four years ago now.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    I don't think K Mart is suffering here as much as it is apparently suffering everywhere else. See them everywhere. They're kind of meh tier though. I think Big W and Target are probably outranking them in most stuff.
    Which is probably fine with them, since Coles owns Kmart and Target. Stupid corporations owning everything.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Gotto be this little store near my place that sells expired products. I think there is still market for expired products as people do need to poison one another sometimes.
    Most expired products are perfectly fine.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Kmart is doing pretty well here. I find it has approximately the same range as BigW but that might be because theres more space. But the main advantage of Kmart is that it's open 24/7

We have no WalMart but I wish we did because I heard someone call it Wallyworld once and would also like to call it that during casual conversations that might come up about where I bought something.

There is a Blockbuster next to my local Kmart
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 06-26-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently the Aussie Kmart and Aussie Target have absolutely nothing to do with ours besides the name. So that would probably explain why your Kmart is doing better. Because the Sears/Kmart CEO here read Atlas Shrugged and tried to turn it into an actual business by making all of the individual departments "compete" with each other and to no one's great surprise it just resulted in ruin!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went in a Kmart a few years ago... Probably like 2007. We were out of town visiting a friend and he showed us his Kmart. For some reason that place never made sense to me--I don't know if it's the layout of their merchandise or what, but even as a kid when it was the only superstore in town I remember feeling mildly discombobulated every time I went there.

I'm surprised Sears is still around. I shop at the one near my house but every time I do the place is both ginormous and dead.

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

I do payroll support and work for HewlettPackard (which omg - if you want to talk about "corporations" I could tell you some stories about this enterprise that has employees working for 7 years and have never gotten a pay rise! *shudders*)

Anyway we are external to Coles group in Aus but I am a bit proud to say that I know Aussie Coles group owns Target, Kmart, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and some similar Liquor groups and Officeworks. Coles group is actually owned by Wesfarmers, which I know nothing about :3

There, that is my 2c, that is all you get, since I need to save all the money I can get to prepare for the lack of pay rises coming my way xD

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    My work is literally next door to where a Kmart used to be. It's nothing but rubble now.
    A fair few years ago, a store (Bunnings, I think...?) was burnt to the ground. It was (suspected) arson so trout got held up in legal proceedings or whatever but it just sat there, this burnt shell of a building, for ages. The places I've been and lived in Australia don't really have a run-down part of town; everything is either being built or is built and decently maintained. I mean, you see a couple troutty houses from time to time, but not on the main street. So to drive past this building that looked out of a dystopian future was really trippy. I don't know if you had that impression with the Kmart being rubble or not but it just reminded me of that.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    I went in a Kmart a few years ago... Probably like 2007. We were out of town visiting a friend and he showed us his Kmart. For some reason that place never made sense to me--I don't know if it's the layout of their merchandise or what, but even as a kid when it was the only superstore in town I remember feeling mildly discombobulated every time I went there.

I'm surprised Sears is still around. I shop at the one near my house but every time I do the place is both ginormous and dead.
    I read somewhere that Target and Wal-Mart spend like $2.00 per square foot updating their stores and kmart spends like $.75 lol

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Kmart is awesome. It's so much better than Walmart. Target's probably the best, but they're stupidly expensive.
    Feels good to have employee discount + Target Red Card discount + Cartwheel smartphone app discount

I see less and less Wimpys these days. Beats all the other fast food places. I am afraid the legend of the Wimpy will fade away forever