Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you want to see more games set in the FFX universe?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't think there has been such a rich world as Spira, with all of the culture created - summoners, blitzball, the religion of Yevon. It actually felt like a real world rather than a disconnected jump from town to dungeon.

If not Spira, then I'd like them to take the same approach to world building in future.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Sure, why not. It can be based on the Life of Shuyin and since Tidus is a dream copy of Shuyin, Shuyin might have daddy issues too.

The story can revolves around how Shuyin acquires Leene's love and murdering his own father in an epic finale solving his own daddy issue.

And maybe kill the mum too to complete the set.

Yes, yes I would!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I'd be up for a new game based in Spira, but I think if one was done it would need to be a prequel as I don't see any logical continuation of Final Fantasy X-2. Maybe if it focused on the pilgrimage of Jecht, Auron and Braska, or even Shuyin and Lenne (there wasn't enough of them).
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I'd rather not. Squeenix is already too hyped about sequels and everything I'd rather have them create new worlds. I'd like a new world that is as awesome as Spira, but not Spira.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I used to want a prequel with Braska, Auron, and Jecht, but the longer I think about it, the more of a bad idea I think it is. I think the first X covered what was important from their pilgrimage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I feel that X's Spira has been explored very deeply and in a satisfying way, and so I wouldn't see the appeal in another game set in that time period. However, Spira has a very rich history that could be delved into - similar to Ivalice - and I could understand and might enjoy games set in different eras.
    This is basically how I feel. I think Spira is great but I do think we've seen the relevant stuff. If anything, I want to explore the past in detail; there's a sunken city in the Moonflow and nobody knows what it was called. Let me go there.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

it would be very cool! as long as it's not another XIII or VII themed game, I'd love to check it out!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I never thought about it beyond a blitzball spin-off. I wouldn't know what to base the story around either. I like to see new worlds created for newer entries instead of using the same world like I know a couple of games have already done. X's story is played out and I don't think there's anything further to add, further evident by the writers having to reverse all the process made in the previous two games just to set up a sequel.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I used to want a prequel with Braska, Auron, and Jecht, but the longer I think about it, the more of a bad idea I think it is. I think the first X covered what was important from their pilgrimage.
    I think the best way to handle that game would be to give the player the option to (SPOILER)

1. Make Jecht the Final Aeon & follow the story as canon.

2. Make Auron the Final Aeon instead.

3. Not use the Final Aeon & have Braska follow the path that Yuna eventually did & they defeat Sin by force.

The last two options would retcon the whole series & the 2nd could lead to an interesting "what if" sequel, where Jecht has to recruit his son (who he hasn't seen in 10 yrs.) to defeat Auron/Sin.