Thread: Favorite Sequence

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite Sequence

I know I'll probably get a lot of Opera House answers, so let me start off by saying if the Opera House is your favorite sequence in the game, which one do you like most next to that?

Personally, my favorite sequence is when Kefka destroys the world and the whole solitary island bit. I know those are probably considered separate parts of the game, but I feel they mesh together real well, especially if Cid dies.

My favorite part is also the Solitary Island. It is really emotional when Cid dies, it gets me every time.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

The opening. The march on Narshe and all that. When Terra meats Tritoch (Valigarmanda). I also love the scene of Edgar, Locke & Terra escaping Kefka by leaping from the castle battlements onto waiting chocobos. Good stuff, and Kefka's frustration is funnies. Oops did I spoiler that for anyone? I sure hope not. =P

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Any sequence with Aria de Mezzo Carattere or Kefka's laughter. Either one works.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    The opening. The march on Narshe and all that. When Terra meats Tritoch (Valigarmanda). I also love the scene of Edgar, Locke & Terra escaping Kefka by leaping from the castle battlements onto waiting chocobos. Good stuff, and Kefka's frustration is funnies. Oops did I spoiler that for anyone? I sure hope not. =P

The way I see it FFVI is a 20 year old game so the spoiler thing has expired. Also, if anyone who hasn't played the game yet is dumb enough to click on a thread called "Favorite Sequence" they deserve to be spoiled!

Anyway, yes. Another good part. I remember thinking it was very Indiana Jones like to see Edgar, Locke, and Terra escape Figaro.

The entire Phantom Train sequence is likely my favorite moment in the game; I love the idea of the train ferrying souls to afterlife, the design of the Train interior, and the haunted feel of the forest. I always thought the area should disappear from the map after it is completed, leaving an overworld forest you walk over, though. It would have provoked some fun fan theories about why the party managed to arrive there before, but never again. It'd also have been nice if Shadow had a reaction to it.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    (SPOILER)

The way I see it FFVI is a 20 year old game so the spoiler thing has expired. Also, if anyone who hasn't played the game yet is dumb enough to click on a thread called "Favorite Sequence" they deserve to be spoiled!
    (SPOILER)
    Anyway, yes. Another good part. I remember thinking it was very Indiana Jones like to see Edgar, Locke, and Terra escape Figaro.
    I know! I was being intentionally silly. :P

I agree with Rez, the whole Phantom forest/train/Cyan's story sequence is great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    (SPOILER)

(SPOILER)
    I know! I was being intentionally silly. :P

I agree with Rez, the whole Phantom forest/train/Cyan's story sequence is great.
    It's cool. I got that you were just horsing around, but I felt like I had to point that out because there have been times where people have freaked out in the past.