Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you want to explore the whole world?

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    In JRPGs, sure, you always want to have that "complete" playthrough.

In The Elder Scrolls, no way. 1) it's unreasonable and 2) the world is so big, in part, so that you can have completely different playthroughs and stories for everytime you create a new character.
    Guess I've been playing TES wrong.
    Exactly. What the heck are you talking about, Bolivar? The world is so big so you can spend 150-200 hours combing every inch of it in a single playthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post

In The Elder Scrolls, no way. 1) it's unreasonable and 2) the world is so big, in part, so that you can have completely different playthroughs and stories for everytime you create a new character.
    Exactly. What the heck are you talking about, Bolivar? The world is so big so you can spend 150-200 hours combing every inch of it in a single playthrough.
    Only 200? I spend 300 per play through (game time, so not including resets) on most RPGs I get heavily invested in.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Only 200? I spend 300 per play through (game time, so not including resets) on most RPGs I get heavily invested in.
    I don't understand this. I did literally everything that can be done on Skyrim in 150 hours, and it's the biggest game I've ever played. What on earth do you do for 300 hours?

I don't understand this. I did literally everything that can be done on Skyrim in 150 hours, and it's the biggest game I've ever played. What on earth do you do for 300 hours?
    I only played about an hour of Skyrim. I actually kind of hated it. I was talking most games in general. Currently I'm playing through Fire Emblem Awakening on Lunatic mode, and I have spent well over 200 hours just grinding stats, skills, Support conversations, etcetera. In a game that basically consists of 35 battles each about an hour long, tops (and Chrom has not yet married in my current play through). In FFVII I grind out a Master Materia set for each character, and acquire all Limits, etcetera. In Persona 3 I nabbed an Omnipotent Orb for each party member, including Shinjiro (which was probably a hundred hours of resets right there), and fused a "perfect" version of every Persona in the Compendium.

In RPGs, I do everything. 200 hours would be one like FFXII that I got bored with and never finished.

I only played about an hour of Skyrim. I actually kind of hated it. I was talking most games in general. Currently I'm playing through Fire Emblem Awakening on Lunatic mode, and I have spent well over 200 hours just grinding stats, skills, Support conversations, etcetera. In a game that basically consists of 35 battles each about an hour long, tops (and Chrom has not yet married in my current play through). In FFVII I grind out a Master Materia set for each character, and acquire all Limits, etcetera. In Persona 3 I nabbed an Omnipotent Orb for each party member, including Shinjiro (which was probably a hundred hours of resets right there), and fused a "perfect" version of every Persona in the Compendium.

In RPGs, I do everything. 200 hours would be one like FFXII that I got bored with and never finished.
    I grind stats in the Gelnika and get three sets of Master Materia in VII and I've never topped 96 hours. Similarly, I've Order of Ambrosia'd XII twice and never topped ~120 hours.

But, nonetheless, I respect your dedication to grinding, because I play the same way. I must just do so more efficiently and/or less dedicatedly than you.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I never thought of the world maps as being to scale, so flying around them in a matter of seconds never bothered me. Also, I never expect the game to have realtime-time either.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Final Fantasy VIII's final disk was the death knell of the World Map, and I hate it for that every day.

I grind stats in the Gelnika and get three sets of Master Materia in VII and I've never topped 96 hours. Similarly, I've Order of Ambrosia'd XII twice and never topped ~120 hours.

But, nonetheless, I respect your dedication to grinding, because I play the same way. I must just do so more efficiently and/or less dedicatedly than you.
    Three sets is not enough.

Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, Nanaki, Reeve, Barret, Vincent. I'll even get one for Aeris sometimes.

I also talk to literally every NPC until I'm sure I've heard all that they have to say.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Eneby Kurs (Sargatanas)

I don't understand this. I did literally everything that can be done on Skyrim in 150 hours, and it's the biggest game I've ever played.
    CHALLENGE: see how long this takes in daggerfall
    a brother never lived to hear me diss him on no record...
    extralives - counterfeit self

Articles
    Blog Entries

I prefer seeing the whole world, but I'm not bothered with the alternative if the story is good. I prefer smaller worlds to the more vast open-worlds we get in RPGs like Skyrim, to tell you the truth. I enjoy a lot of the overhead maps from various Final Fantasy games and were never bothered by their size. I'm sure some planets in the galaxy would be small too. Dwarf planets!