Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite maps in FPS games

Articles
    Blog Entries

Killzone 2 had some of the best map design I've ever seen in an FPS - Corinth Crossing, Blood Gracht, Radec Academy, Tharsis Depot, and Pyrrhus all left a big impression on me with their multiple pathways and strategically placed turrets/ammo crates.

Counter-Strike was ahead of its time, pioneering the modern FPS with its winding urban hallways. Some of my favorites are cs_office, de_cbble, cs_estate, the dozens of community maps whose names I can't remember and that's not even getting into dust, its successor, and numerous progeny.

Call of Duty ran with that template and has had unbelievable ones - Crash, Backlot, Terminal, Favela, Estate, Afghan, Sub Base, Lockdown, Downturn, Resistance, it's insane what they can crank out over there. Ghosts has some of the best maps yet, with Tremor, Octane, Freight, Chasm, and Warhawk standing out for me.

I'm really looking forward to Epic's upcoming reboot of Unreal. Some of my favorites in UTIII were Shangri La, Heat Ray, Sanctuary, and the remakes of Deck and Facing Worlds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    There is literally no excuse for never having played Doom.
    Besides that I don't enjoy scifi shooters. That have zero interest to me. Also single player FPS is boring trout.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Besides that I don't enjoy scifi shooters. That have zero interest to me. Also single player FPS is boring trout.
    Spoken like someone who's never played Doom.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Even I'm a little lost looking at the map Hux posted but then, I'm better with 3D maps so I can better picture what it looks like.

Valhalla on Halo 3 is definitely a massive mention as is The Pit. Reach had a couple of memorable ones too such as the remake of Blood Gulch which pretty much dominated the Team Death Match options for me, Paul and Dan.
    AND ALSO QUIN WHO WAS ALSO THERE A LOT, YOU NONCE.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Spoken like someone who's never played Doom.
    and I never will. I owned it, I had no desire to play it and never will.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The statement that you will never play it makes no sense though since you've confirmed you've never played, and your assumptions about the game are also dead wrong.

It's a sci-fi shooter in about the same way that the Walking Dead is about a family that went camping in the woods. And saying single player FPS's are all boring is the sort of blanket statement that's inherently silly. Doom is absolutely nothing like any FPS made after it save perhaps the original Quake and Painkiller. Any assumptions you have about it based on what other titles are like are irrelevant.

Favorite maps in First Person Shooter games? Well, Phendrana Drifts was absolutely fantastic in Metroid Prime.

Perhaps you should have specified multiplayer maps.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Favorite maps in First Person Shooter games? Well, Phendrana Drifts was absolutely fantastic in Metroid Prime.

Perhaps you should have specified multiplayer maps.
    Oh no, I don't mind either way! Post single player maps if you want as well!

Blog Entries

The statement that you will never play it makes no sense though since you've confirmed you've never played, and your assumptions about the game are also dead wrong.

It's a sci-fi shooter in about the same way that the Walking Dead is about a family that went camping in the woods. And saying single player FPS's are all boring is the sort of blanket statement that's inherently silly. Doom is absolutely nothing like any FPS made after it save perhaps the original Quake and Painkiller. Any assumptions you have about it based on what other titles are like are irrelevant.
    Ok let me specify. I do not enjoy shooters that do not use real guns. I don't give to smurfs about blowing trout up. And while it may be a blanket statement that single player FPSs are boring, it's the truth in my case. I have never played a FPS for the single player mode except Marathon and Wolfenstein 3D. and my "assumptions" lol as If I have never seen a video of doom or my friends playing.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Even I'm a little lost looking at the map Hux posted but then, I'm better with 3D maps so I can better picture what it looks like.

Valhalla on Halo 3 is definitely a massive mention as is The Pit. Reach had a couple of memorable ones too such as the remake of Blood Gulch which pretty much dominated the Team Death Match options for me, Paul and Dan.
    AND ALSO QUIN WHO WAS ALSO THERE A LOT, YOU NONCE.
    Well tbf you pissed off to China and so I kinda forget about you. Come back to civilization and play games and we'll talk!