Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many people gave up on this franchise?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Braaaaaains How many people gave up on this franchise?

Not to be a debbie-downer but I often hear fans talk about how they loved the early entries and then kind of lost interest when they moved to other platforms or started making too many side games. Who is still hanging in there and who basically cuddles their copy of KH1 wishing for simpler times?

I tried to follow the games on what console's i have. not only is the story needlessly complex but the controls on some of them suck. Birth by sleep, chain of memories, re-coded and 258/2 days would have benefited greatly by being on the PS series.
    "Pretty mysterious Neptune of gameindustry, in the name of the Basilicom I'll punish you!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've played every entry available in the West and I really cannot understand the complaints. Heck, the handheld titles I consider much better than the numbered games. Aside from coded. That one is the weakest. I really do hope the HD Remixes help people come back to this series and experience the awesomeness of the handheld titles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't given up on the series, but I have lost some degree of faith in it. I'm sure the handheld game are great, sure, but I can hardly experience it if I can't afford to buy the console in the first place (I haven't bought a console in years due to funds, and I haven't purchased that many games either). The HD remixes would help, but a 'movie' version of a game is like, not even a game. It feels slightly truncated.

KH2 and Birth By Sleep were soooo good. But yes, when that wave of handheld spinoffs came out, I started to be like "...seriously?"

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Have I given up on the series? No, I eagerly await the day I can play KHIII eight years from now.

Have I given up on following the plot? Yep. I gave up on that midway through BBS. Nomura is clearly making it up as he goes.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's just so many games ;__;

I'm a fan of the series. I enjoyed KH I and II very much! I even got a copy of chain of memories. but I don't have every system that they make releases for.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by jodymcdougle View Post
    I'm a fan of the series. I enjoyed KH I and II very much! I even got a copy of chain of memories. but I don't have every system that they make releases for.
    Well, the HD remakes are just the thing you need

The way they spread out their releases across so many different platforms is an insult to the fanbase in my opinion. I gave up after KH2 on PS2. Never will I return to this promising but very much flawed execution of a series.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I got no smurfing idea what is going on with the story anymore.

The keyblade master test and crap reminds me of the Jedis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I never played any of the other games after the first one. Was just never that interested in playing the others.

FFXIV Character

Arianna Harkness (Sargatanas)

I'd given up on it for a long time. Then the HD remixes came out. At least there's BBS on 2.5. Hopefully that will be all the necessary prep for KH3. If not, maybe they'll be flashbacks to explain what's going on.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I love all of the side games that I've played so far, but I just can't buy every damn handheld gaming system out there. If they continue the trend of re-releasing them in bundles for console then I will probably eventually play them all on a several year delay.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

I played KH1 and 2 when they released. Were some of my favourite games ever and KH3 was probably my most anticipated game ever.

Then the spinoff''s happened, the only one I played was Birth by Sleep on the PSP and I only ever got an hour or so into that. I recently got the HD remaster of KH1 and I only got an hour into that aswell. The cutscenes and voice acting aged really terribly in my opinion.

I'll probably pick up 3 when it comes, Honestly would prefer Nomura to work on the next FF tho.