Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Favorite battle theme in ANY Squeenix Game

Let's get this ball rolling with thirty minutes of SMRPG

it's just so... so... HAPPY

/me dances~~

Yeah, I love the music in that game; the boss music was great as well.

Though my favorite battle theme Square pumped out was probably the original Final Fantasy's, that is almost certainly due to extreme nostalgia, soooo . . .

I loved this battle theme. It only played in a few places during the game, the Shingrow arena being one place during Emelia's story I believe, but it was really good.

:monster:

obligatory Dancing Mad

Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Jenova, but it's too tough to pick which one.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Blog Entries

I feel like Star Ocean 3 in general and The Cutting Edge of Notion are pretty underrated so I'll go with that. It's definitely a battle theme I don't mind hearing over and over and over again (And the battles are fun too! I still love FF old school turn-based battles but SO3's battles were far more interesting imo. But this thread isn't about battles is it? ).

EDIT: As a bonus I'll add Expiration because at one point early on it's sort of used as a battle theme, more in a sense that they don't switch to the battle theme. You're running through an area in a hurry, getting in battles and this plays the whole time. IT COUNTS DAMMIT.
    Last edited by starlet; 06-30-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    I feel like Star Ocean 3 in general and The Cutting Edge of Notion are pretty underrated so I'll go with that. It's definitely a battle theme I don't mind hearing over and over and over again (And the battles are fun too! I still love FF old school turn-based battles but SO3's battles were far more interesting imo. But this thread isn't about battles is it? ).

EDIT: As a bonus I'll add Expiration because at one point early on it's sort of used as a battle theme, more in a sense that they don't switch to the battle theme. You're running through an area in a hurry, getting in battles and this plays the whole time. IT COUNTS DAMMIT.
    Star Ocean 3's battle themes are all phenomenal, and a big part of what makes that OST my all-time favorite.

SO3 has a fantastic soundtrack. "Highbrow" is probably the best song on it, though there are a lot of superb tracks.

Last edited by The Man; 07-03-2014 at 04:05 AM. Reason: put in video

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    SO3 has a fantastic soundtrack. "Highbrow" is probably the best song on it, though there are a lot of superb tracks.
    I adore the way the tracks set the mood during dialogue scenes. I mean, not only is the music great, it's used SO well.

I'm going to toss in some Secret of Mana.

First, the boss theme. Danger!

I love the changes and movements in this theme. It truly is an epic throw down piece. You start with the warning and frantic attempts to evade the boss. You then cycle into the phase where you're learning techniques and strategies. Then finally, it shifts into the final motif, where you are laying waste to the boss in an awesome finale. It is a great theme that fits the stages of the boss fights so well.

Second, one of the most epic boss themes ever: The Oracle.

What makes this theme? The fact that it is so epic that it can get an endgame boss to just sit still and headbang to it, pretty much indefinitely.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Secret of Mana also has an excellent soundtrack, as does the sequel, Seiken Densetsu 3:

This theme only plays once in the fight against the Dragon Car, but it's great.

VrrrrrroooooooooOOOOOOOOOM!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Everything in The World Ends With You and Star Ocean 3. Star Ocean 3 was pretty silly, a fun ride once through but I don't think I'll do it again. The one thing that I really loved was the soundtrack.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am not a fan of The After Years, but this battle theme is awesome. It conveys the feeling of sheer terror. I love it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dancing Mad, FFVII generic battle and boss theme, Jenova theme, One Winged Angel, Sorceress Edea boss theme, and the more classic sounding theme in FFIX.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor