Thread: Least Favorite Dungeon

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Chocobo Least Favorite Dungeon

I never liked this games dungeon design, but which dungeon was your least favorite?

Hm...that's a tough one. I guess I might say the castle where you get the Sunfire because Gordon joined your team and he's super weak for a long time.

It has one of the best tracks in the game playing though so that helps...

I'm not really sure as my mind is blanking on a lot of it.

To answer this topic, I think I'm gonna go ahead with my plan to replay the game and actually finish it this time. I stopped right before the Jade Passage for some insane reason and never completed the game.

Tower of Mysidia. I just did this a few minutes ago.

It has awesome music, but it's like Ice Cave but thrice as long ("thrice" seemed appropriate for this game).
    God help you if run into more than two imps, especially if it's not a pre-emptive strike.
    I actually had to spam memo-save just I wouldn't lose my sanity.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

3 worst dungeons: the ancient castle. The dreadnought. and the Jade passage

I remember Jade Passage being a pain. It's somehow a lot tougher than Pandaemonium! I'm almost not looking forward to replaying it soon.

Still, though. Mysidia! Imps casting Muddle might as well have Dark Wizards casting instant death! But more frequently! I don't remember having that tough a time on my first playthrough...

Any dungeon that had multiple doors next to each other where at least two only lead to empty rooms with stupid high enemy encounter rates.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Any dungeon that had multiple doors next to each other where at least two only lead to empty rooms with stupid high enemy encounter rates.
    every dungeon. lol

It's hard to pick out a least favorite since they're all designed to be incredibly tedious.

These dungeons are the bane of any sane person's playthrough. I want to choke the idiot who thought empty rooms all over was a good idea.

That being said, Mysidia Tower is the WORST! Confusion and Break are enough to make people crazy in any FF game, but here, they're used ALL THE TIME! It doesn't help that Ricard is probably still extremely weak since you've only had one dungeon with him. AND MORE EMPTY ROOMS AND FLOOR HAZARDS! TEN FLOORS OF THIS CRAP! ALL FOR A MAGIC SPELL YOU NEVER USE AND A DEATH YOU NEVER WANTED! THOSE MAGES ARE TROLLS!