Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What kind of villain are you hoping to see?

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    New idea.

This is probably too open-world for an FF game, but
    *Spit-takes*

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Oh, one thing they must NOT do: Have the final boss be some random person that you have no emotional attachment (positive or negative) towards. I hated it with Ultimecia, I hated it with Garland, I hated it with Yu-Yevon, I hated it with Orphan, I don't expect I will enjoy it when it happens again someday in some stupid RPG. The enemy should be someone I either have seen throughout the story and grown to see as a true villain that way (eg. Sephiroth, Shinra, Kefka, Exdeath) or someone who was close to me but has betrayed me in a plot twist near the end (eg. actually come to think of it I don't know, but probably something like what shion said).

Essentially there should be emotional attachment to the villain.
    Like with the king in FF4? And his mothersmurfing royal adviser/chancellor.

I want another female villain.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I prefer villains with charisma and are also bat trout insane.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    New idea.

This is probably too open-world for an FF game, but I think it'd be sweet.

The main antagonist is some evil corporation/government hybrid like Shinra in VII, or Monsanto in real life, rather than some single figurehead. There are, let's say, four main people involved with the machinations of this corporation (think Heidegger, Scarlet, Palmer, and Reeve). Each of them controls and operates different aspects of the big bad scheme. But the game allows you to choose the order in which you take them down, and the game unfolds differently as the fewer remaining baddies scramble to restructure their evil plan as they get taken down. So by the end, you could have vastly different endings based on which person is the last one to retain power.
    I like this idea a lot.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Something... menacing... but who you can never be ABSOLUTELY SURE is out to lay waste to everything. Not 453 % insanity, just... a teensy dab of psychopathy. From what we can see, at least.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.