Thread: Fighting Games

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    SFxT didnt' fit me because it's a SF game with tekken characters. I am sure a tekken game with SF characters will be much more up my alley.
    Supposedly, they were making one. SFXT was Street Fighter with Tekken characters. TXSF was supposed to be the other way around.
    Are you saying they cancelled it?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER! TIGER UPPERCUT!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rez09 View Post
    Nice.

But this is my favorite character from Street Fighter:

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, and Guilty Gear. XD

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    SFxT didnt' fit me because it's a SF game with tekken characters. I am sure a tekken game with SF characters will be much more up my alley.
    Supposedly, they were making one. SFXT was Street Fighter with Tekken characters. TXSF was supposed to be the other way around.
    Are you saying they cancelled it?
    It was announced in 2010 (the same time as SFXT, I believe). There was a poll in 2012 to help determine which characters fans wanted to see in the lineup.

As far as I can tell, that is all that we have gotten on the subject officially. So not technically cancelled, but no other news either.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Harada seems to have confirmed that the game is still in development sometime around August 2013. They're probably shifting the development over to ps4 and x1.

The two games were always on completely different schedules, and TXSF wasn't even started on when they showed the teaser for SFxT back in whenever.

I've played mostly Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Tekken... and DOA and Soul Calibur. I've sampled others like Darkstalkers, Deadly Arts, Killer Instinct, ClayFighter, Guilty Gear (I sucked at this game, my first play through, I was constantly wiped out by I-No), BioFREAKS, Super Smash Bros, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja, Primal Rage, Masters of Teras Kasi, Tournament of Legends (which I own but haven't played since I put my Wii away), Yu Yu Hakusho: the Dark Tournament, Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals, Bushido Blade, WWF Attitude, Simpsons Wrestling...
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bloody Roar
    Bushido Blade
    Evil Zone
    Mortal Kombat
    Soul Calibur
    Street Fighter
    Super Smash Bros
    Tekken

I suck at the genre in general but that never stopped me before. Evil Zone is the game I'm the best at.

Blog Entries

I love all fighting games, but the only ones I've ever gotten good at are Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Unfortunately I peaked some time ago. I blew a lot of money in the arcades playing Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 2, but subsequent sequels have just added more and more (and in SC5's case - killed off my favourite character) and it's been tough to keep at it. Tag 2 feels quite foreign to me because I was kind of slow to take up T6.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

who was your favourite, cassandra?

Blog Entries

The only two fighting games I play somewhat seriously are Super Smash Bros Melee and Touhou 12.3: Hisoutensoku. Most other fighting games kinda bore me after a while, though I like making silly and awesome custom characters in the later Soul Calibur games.

Also, I can do fairly admirably at fighting games. Losing streaks are pretty rare for me and I have to present brownie points to whomever is responsible for my thrashing. I remember my uncle would spam fireballs as Liu Kang on MK and the only way I could match him was to play as Scorpion and spam hook-to-uppercut which he always said was a cheap move. My ex-girlfriend was awesome as Kasumi on Dead Or Alive. One of my cousin's friends totally thrashed me in Marvel/Capcom and, while part of me wanted to strangle him, I forced myself to admit defeat.

My favorite moment was using Raphael on Soulcalibur to trash someone who was totally dissing him. Raphael is one of my favorite characters and I can use him pretty well.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I used to button mash the hell out of my older brother on most fighting games we played, namely Street Fighter. But then he went and learned all the moves and started kicking my ass every which way.

Another fighting game I neglected to mention before was Marvel Superheroes. That game was fun.

Blog Entries

who was your favourite, cassandra?
    Yup. Though Pyrrha Omega bears the most resemblance in her fighting style, she's more similar to Sophitia than Cassandra.