Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Games

Blog Entries

I've never been a big fan of fighters. But I do love me some Soul Caliber 2 on GameCube.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    who was your favourite, cassandra?
    Yup. Though Pyrrha Omega bears the most resemblance in her fighting style, she's more similar to Sophitia than Cassandra.
    I really miss cassie too
    and kilik
    and even zassy
    and mina
    and basically everyone
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I play a bit of street fighters and king of fighters.

Let's just say I am not very good at it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    who was your favourite, cassandra?
    Yup. Though Pyrrha Omega bears the most resemblance in her fighting style, she's more similar to Sophitia than Cassandra.
    I really miss cassie too
    and kilik
    and even zassy
    and mina
    and basically everyone
    I've always been a fan of pressure characters in fighting games, and Cassie suited me perfectly. Her oki and Ring Out game was amazing. I don't often get into characters who need a lot of mix-ups or stances (Voldo, Ivy etc.). Siegfried provides a nice balance, and I can still play a good pressure game with Talim, but it's not the same.

I can only hope that SC5 is like what Tekken 4 was to the Tekken series and that the next installment just brings everyone back.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I don't think they will make another proper soul calibur

My all time favorites have been Tekken, DOA, and Soulcalibur.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

The only one I ever got truly involved in is Tekken. I love the series.

Str8 Pimpin'

I don't think they will make another proper soul calibur
    Yeah, last time I looked up news on SC I read that one of the creators was kinda disgusted with his team and that half the staff was only still around because they loved making Ivy's boobs bigger and bigger in every installment

In the same article, it was hinted that they made SC5 so far in the future to get away from that mindset, but such a large portion of the team was so in love with Ivy they had to bring back some characters. Though she's effectively immortal, so it makes sense. But I find it sad that they've basically become the DOA team, too obsessed with boobage to focus on making a decent game

On topic, in both regards actually, most of my favorite franchises seem to have fallen off the horse. I didn't really care for SC4, and 5 was almost too different for me to enjoy at all. All my characters were gone. As pervy as it is, I always enjoyed how fluid and fast DoA games were, but didn't really enjoy DoA 5 either. Street Fighter is really fun, but they've been rehashing 4 a bit too much. Which I know was the game plan the entire time, but I'm tired of it now. Guilty Gear and Blaze Blu sadly seem a little too slow for me

I will say I loved the new Mortal Kombat. Best fighting game for a single player ever. I'm also one of the few people who truly enjoyed everything about Soul Calibur 3. Probably my favorite fighting game. So many characters and combinations, great customization, and my favorite single-player fighting game mode: Chronicles of the Sword. Honestly I super duper wish they would have expanded on that mode in more recent games. A strategy RPG with fighting game encounters is awesome. It's sadly so basic in that game. But I still enjoy it way more than I probably should

Blog Entries

I'm right with you for Soulcalibur 3. It offered the best console experience of any fighter I've played. I still put it behind SC2 because it wasn't in arcades.

It was also very nice of Namco to give Cassandra a few more stunning moves and two low grabs to make her so so broken and God-tier. XD

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

I was a bit bummed that they rereleased SC2 for PS3, and not 3. Also, no japanese voices

I also actually like DoA5 ultimate. It even has an option to reduce the perviness, by making breasts jiggle in a more realistic manner, or just turn that stuff off entirely.

I was a bit bummed that they rereleased SC2 for PS3, and not 3. Also, no japanese voices

I also actually like DoA5 ultimate. It even has an option to reduce the perviness, by making breasts jiggle in a more realistic manner, or just turn that stuff off entirely.
    Yeah, I hope they eventually put SC3 on PSN, or come out with a re-mastered version of it

And I was not aware DoA 5 Ultimate had grown up. Either that option wasn't available in the Vanilla 5, or I never noticed it. But that's pretty cool. Maybe my girlfriend would take the franchise more seriously with that option...

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm a big fan of Tekken, and I'm a long time King user. Using King nowadays is a tough road.

I also like Soul Caliber, and I use Seung Mina and Lizardman.

I really enjoy a variety of 2D fighters. I always liked Spider-Man from MvC.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I'm a big fan of Tekken, and I'm a long time King user. Using King nowadays is a tough road.
    Giant swing ftw )

Str8 Pimpin'

I don't play fighters as much as I'd like to, mostly because I'm bad at them. I was pretty decent at Tekken back in the day though, especially in school where I was one of the best players and would regularly come out on top in lunch break tournaments. I'm worried that my reflexes might already be getting worse as a result of my age (I'm 22, not THAT old but I think the peak for competitive fighting games is, like 24?), so I'm probably never going to be as good as the top top players.

Lately Persona 4 Arena's caught my interest, and as such I'm pretty psyched for Persona 4 Ultimax.

Definitely the Clay Fighter series! anyone else remember those games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClayFighter

1736844-1631901_badmrfrosty_super.jpg