Thread: Ever tried a "fan mod" for FFVI?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Ever tried a "fan mod" for FFVI?

Here is an example - it's called FF6: Brave New World.

Our mod proudly features...

• Character-based esper restrictions & new stat boosts that promote greater diversity and allow for customized development

• New and reworked formulas which rescue everything that isn't magic or magic evasion from the dump-stat heap

• Rebalanced equipment, items, spells, and skills that aim to remove dead weight and give players more (and better) choices

• A complete overhaul of enemies from their stats to their behavior to better challenge veteran players and newcomers alike

• Tons of bugfixes, as well as remedies to many of the game's more annoying aspects (such as rage hunting taking a lifetime)

• A new script that restores much of what was lost in translation and builds on existing plotlines and characterization

• Much, much more
    Has anyone here ever tried something like this? Is anyone even interested in something like this, or are fan mods and that sort of thing just something you do not care about?

I've given up hope that it will ever be released, but Pandora's Box was a fan-hack that I was really looking forward to.

Outside of that, I've tried one of the hard-type hacks I found, and one that made all enemies in the game give 0 xp.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I tried playing that Something Awful mod ages ago, had a good laugh for the first few minutes of gameplay, but didn't touch it after that.

Maybe I should try one someday!

:monster:

I played the Something Awful mod. I also made a few of my own, although I never finished any of them fully enough to make them worth releasing.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries

The first time I played FF6 on an emulator I downloaded a hack by accident and was at the point just before defending the frozen esper before I realised. Before then I noticed some extended dialogue and more dificult gameplay but thought nothing of it.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!