Blog Entries

I hate Zozo the place is no fun and the music sucks![/EveryoneLiesInZozo]
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Whenever someone says they love Zozo, I just assume they're trying to be funny because actually they hate Zozo, but they're doing that Zozo thing where they lie.

Zozo would have been fine if it wasn't for the fact that it was also a dungeon, with a terrible encounter rate to boot. It would have been really amusing if you just had to figure out that everyone lied, without having to simultaneously fight things a lot.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Random encounters do not belong in towns
    Midgard would like a word with you.

Honestly I love Zozo and I still feel everyone needs to do the clock puzzle without cheating at least once to really appreciate the design of this whole place.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in two minds about Zozo, I like the idea of it, how it's supposed to be the "bad" town, and purposly isn't safe like you'd expect it to be, and I like the atmosphere of the area that that rain adds to, but once I actually playthrough Zozo it isn't always as enjoyable as I'd like. While I appreciate the point of it being a town with battles, get a bit tedious, and while I never realized until I read this thread, I must have noticed the encounter rate being high - I bet it was one of those times when I kept experiencing "wrong way battles"*.

The dialogue can be a bit over the top at times, as it is litterally blatent lies - I get why they did it, and it's kind of fun, but still silly, but it's silly in a good way.

What I like most about Zozo is the music (with the atmosphere falling close behind), I really wish that they had made it carry on into the battles, because it's annoying that you barely get chance to enjoy it in the game, Especially as when I played first (on PlayStation) I had already grown to like the music, because there is an option to check the enemies in the game up until a point, and random in game music is played for that - I would often pass the time looking at this if I needed to relax from the game, and always made sure it was the Zozo music playing.

*It seems to me in Final Fantasies, that whenever I go the wrong way, and realize it, I get a random battle the second I turn to face the right way...

Best and most memorable part of FFVI for me.

What? I made it to Setzer joining your party. That was far enough.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

There are elements I like about ZoZo, but there a things I loathe. A lot of the enemies are annoying, but the puzzles are fun. I like that everyone is a liar, except for one guy. The random encounter rate seems pretty high, too. Not my favorite location, but I don't hate it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Zozo is like the worst dungeon in Final Fantasy. The music is completely not awesome and the whole time puzzle was totally unoriginal.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Zozo is like the worst dungeon in Final Fantasy. The music is completely not awesome and the whole time puzzle was totally unoriginal.

image.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post

image.png
    I knew David Bowie was from Zozo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well he does steal hearts and babies and likes large labyrinth style locations where everything is trying to murder you, all with kick ass music accompanying it.