Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo Biggest Missed Opportunity

What part of the game had promise but wasn't fleshed out? What would you have liked to see?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The core story really interested me, but I don't like what they did with it. It could have been so much better!

The story wasn't fleshed out to what it should've been, I agree. I also wish they did more with Gran Pulse. For the first time you got like a huge open area to explore but there wasn't really much there to do.

I hated that you couldn't freely go back to previous areas of the game. Let me explore the daggone world!

Palumporum. A town with no people. The one opportunity they had to give us a world with people in it, and they failed utterly. Any interest I had in saving Cocoon vanished when I realized that less than a dozen people actually live on it.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Those smurfing sheep. I GOT THE FLUFF FROM THEM. WHAT NOW SQUARE ENIX? WHAT NOW!??!?!??

Serious response: I wanted the sequel to kick off right after the ending, and to focus on the people of Cocoon discovering and adapting to the world of Pulse, and probably some random story about traversing Pulse until they eventually find another people, perhaps then fighting off all of the bad fal'Cie to avoid anyone ever becoming a Cie'th ever again.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Jihl Nabaat could have been more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Jihl Nabaat could have been more.
    Oh, yeah, this. Big time.

Articles

FF13 was very limited in what you could do and the story was pretty dumb. The battle system was great though, although they could have had some changes, such as allowing you to switch your character in battle.

After the Steepe, game really opened up for me and that's when I started to enjoy it more. Same reason I enjoyed FF12 just for the exploration, hunts and time wasinting in the enviroments.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The biggest missed opportunity in the game, now that I think about it, was not tapping into the mythology enough. Someone in your party should have become a Cie'th and you would have to fight them. The fal'Cie should have spent less time focusing on the L'Cie and more time harping on about his ultimate intention, to bring the gods back. The other fal'Cie should have had a voice as well as Barthy. Orphan should not have been the end boss. The ending should have been discussed at some point in a "We've been Ragnarok before, what if we could control ourselves and use Ragnarok against Barthy?" kind of way. There should have been a lot of this kind of thing. Generally, the wider plot and the mythology of the gods/fal'Cie/l'Cie/Cie'th should have been far more ingrained into the storyline and every part of the process explored.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Better world building, more sidequests/secrets earlier in the game, better presentation of the world's lore, less using the datalog as a crutch instead of letting the characters actually react to the things they see.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Someone in your party should have become a Cie'th and you would have to fight them.
    (SPOILER)This sort of happens in LR.