Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discworld Series

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Vimes and those books following him and Sybil are the best.
    Anything with Vetinari is next.
    Susan Sto Helit takes a spot here.
    Moist von Lipwig follows in after that.
    Then Granny Weatherwax and her coven.

I actually couldn't read the book which introduced Mort, though. I read about the first chapter, and promptly closed it and put it away. I can't stand when authors create characters just to kill to prove a point.
    You're missing out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm loving Mort so far!

It's a bit of a necro, but I was thinking about getting into this series and found this thread, so I figured I'd revive it instead of making a new one.

08.gif

I brought up the two point and clicks briefly in another thread and it reminded me that, although I've been aware of the series, I haven't ever gotten around to reading any of the books. I did have a copy of The Light Fantastic, I believe it was called, but it has since disappeared, so I am looking for a suggestion on what to pick up instead.

In particular, and though a lot of people have mentioned their favorites in the series already (which I've taken note of and will pick up later), I greatly enjoyed the animated adaptation of the Wyrd Sisters I saw a while back and would really like to start with a book following those characters. I could, of course, just read the Wyrd Sisters, which would be the logical step, but I'd like a new story to experience with them instead of retreading (presumably superior) familiar ground. Does anyone have a recommendation for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It's hard to go wrong with any of the books mentioned in the thread so far.

Are any of the ones mentioned about the witches? I really have no idea what any of the books are about or who they follow.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

If you want the witches, this seems like a good start.

Shion has the Rincewind trilogy, and I'm assuming this is something similar for the witches.

Heeeyyy, that's just what I was looking for. Thank you very much, sir.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

There's also the series "for kids" that involves the witches and funny little elven dudes called the Nac Mac Feegle. Series starts with The Wee Free Men, then A Hat Full of Sky, Wintersmith, & I Shall Wear Midnight. They're marketed "for kids," but some of the most wonderful profound writing happens in them, and they didn't read altogether much differently than the "for adults" Discworld books.