Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Kuja as a villain?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Thread merged!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    With that outfit, respect probably isn't what he's going for. Kuja is alright. There are worse villains in FF but there's a few better ones too.

:monster:

I like the way I said almost word-for-word the same thing in both threads.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

There's just something about a guy in a speedo that makes you want to tell him, "Dude, put some pants on, for God's sake!"

Other than that, a pretty good villain, though I wish he'd chew the scenery a little more. He's kind of sedate.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I thought he was a she the first time I played, which I was like "sweet a female villain!" then it wasn't

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's in my top three. I think he's a fantastically written character.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm also a big fan of his theatrics and the way he carries himself. Surfing a dragon is a bonus as well. I like his attacks, he's my go to character in Dissidia for all my magic needs.

He also has, in my opinion, one of the greatest boss themes from any Final Fantasy game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like Kuja, yes even his design. He seems to have a very French Romanticism-inspired look with added elements of both sexuality and also depravity. It's a type of design that is unique amongst male characters. I find his personality interesting and I think he has one of the stronger motivations in the series. Not to mention his relationships with other characters and the world itself adding more gravitas to the scenes featuring him. He's one of my favorites.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I thought he was a she the first time I played, which I was like "sweet a female villain!" then it wasn't
    I thought the same thing, and thought it was cool. I was all jazzed because FF8 had a pretty successful female villain, and there haven't been all that many. Then I just didn't find "her" very engaging or that interesting of a villain. Then I found out she was actually a he, and got even more disappointed because we've had plenty of male villains.

I'd have to play the game again, and I really like the game, but Kuja just really didn't seem to grab me. Plus, then Necron shows up as the final main villain after really not having any other story or explanation in the game that I recall, which really only served to undermine the importance of Kuja IMO.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He does, absolutely, have one of the greatest villain themes ever. Bloody love it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Probably the second best main villain in the main series after Kefka.

I'd hit it.

He was insanely powerful. Only boss to win no matter what. I like how he tried to redeem himself in the end. It was done well.

I love Super Saiyan 4, so that is my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    His plan failed. He didn't destroy the Planet and rule over it whatever pseudo-mystical babble he went on about for most of the game. And it failed directly because of his own stupidity; he was so arrogant that he honestly did not believe Cloud's party would be able to stop him. This is his own failure, and it is directly his fault.

This is in direct contrast to, say, Kefka, whose plan of absorbing the source of magic and gaining power over the Statues went off without a hitch. Kefka did later develop the plan to "destroy everything" and "create a monument to non-existence", but this only occurred after he spent a year ruling over everything as a god and found that it was boring.
    Except it wasn't more of Kefka's plan to use the statues than Sephiroth's plan was to use Meteor while Sephroths absorption of life energy in the end was the final and real goal just as overall destruction and the eradication of hope was Kefka's. Kefka never actually presented a super master plan because he was destructive all the time and it didn't make a difference for him and stating that he will restore some statues but then suddenly reacting spontanously to what Celes did has nothing to do with him succeeding. So their success and failure was on the same level.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-25-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Best villain in FF. The depth of a newer FF villain, with the presence of an older one.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    He was a creeper. I found him uninteresting and not the least bit intimidating. He also gets to join the long list of stupid villains out there. "Hm, this one could be a problem in the future. Best keep him alive instead of taking him out while he's unconscious."

Though everyone with Alexandria was stupid in that part.
    You mean like when Sephiroth opens your jail cell?

Or how about when Ultimecia impaled Squall, but refuses to finish him?

Most FF villains do stuff like this.
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia