Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you have preferred no voice acting?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalevala View Post
    What I'd like to know is if it would have upset any of you had they changed the voice acting for the HD remake (a la Silent Hill).
    While I don't have any problem with original VA, I also wouldn't mind few actors changed but only if they really tried.

ATM I'm playing Persona 4 Golden and I totally don't mind new voices of Chie and Teddie and to be honest I woudn't be even able to realize that they changed the acters uness I had the same part of game voiced by first and then again by second one.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Changing the voice acting would bother me, just because these are the voices I've gotten to know. Despite the crap the voice acting can get sometimes, I feel like it could have a backlash if the voices changed kind of like how they changed the music. I think the remastered music is fantastic, but a lot of people had the thought "But.... it was good how it was. Why did you do this?" Even if they kept all the same voice actors (like the 3DS remake of Star Fox 64), I'd still find myself irked about lines I remember being delivered differently.

As for if the game would be better with out voice acting.... no. Come the PS2, games without voice acting just feel out of place to me. I can't imagine the scenes without voices. However, you wouldn't have to deal with bad voice directing, and perhaps the script would have been improved without them worrying about the voices matching the mouths and whatnot.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I'm totally fine with the concept of voice acting. It's just that the English dubbing could have been carried out in a much better way. The voices for Tidus, Yuna and Seymour sounded awful to me, while the voices for Auron and Rikku were a lot better, IMHO. For Square's first dubbing, the English version of FFX was a hit-and-miss. They improved the voice acting a lot in Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X-2, though.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I think Lulu, Rikku, Auron, Wakka and Kimahri's VA were great, Yuna's was alright and I didn't Tidus's voice either, I thought it actually suited him with the whineyness and all.

A game without voice acting? I can't even imagine anymore.
    However, I can understand why people might not be too fond of the English voice acting of X - the Japanese one is better in my opinion. I think the English voice acting for Final Fantasy games is quite decent though, and that of X wasn't too bad.

I really like this voice acting. It brings something really cool to the game.