Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke with cigarettes?

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have never tried a cigarette and I do not plan on doing so.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

i do bad things
    i hurt people
    and i smoke with cigarettes

But not really I don't do that.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin

I used to. I stopped 67 days ago, using an e-cig. I feel guilt free with it, because I'm no longer taking in those dangerous chemicals. I'm definitely noticing the difference.

When I did smoke, I tried to be considerate of non-smokers. I would go and stand on my own to smoke.

But yeah, people can be very judgemental towards smokers. Smokers know it is stupid and very bad for them. But it is very addictive, and it is *not* easy to stop. I tried and failed several times, using several different methods. The e-cig is the only thing that has worked for me.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I have never tried a cigarette and I do not plan on doing so.
    This.

I smoke, though this week I got hold of an e-cig and I'm cutting down pretty quickly.

Started smoking because of the people I was hanging out with, trout idea but I'm planning on being smoke free by the end of the year.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

No. I don't see a point to it. I guess I technically have if you count the couple of times I took one puff while drunk out of my mind a few years ago when I was making fun of girls who smoke often.

Smoking is awesome fun but I have stopped because it is expensive and I guess the health thing. I will probably have a cigar for birthdays and celebration events because smoking is cool and smoking cigars is cooler.

Blog Entries

I smoked on and off since age 12, but quit when I got pregnant and then absolutely loathed the smell of cig smoke.. I turned into a smoke Nazi around people. Hahaha esp my parents. My dad would g st so annoyed with me whenever we were together.

But then I picked it back up after I moved to Texas cuz see as and stuff, but then after moving to NYC and a pack is minimum $10, I was like "NOPE. We're quitting." ... we were spending up to $100/wk on them. I quit cold turkey. Jay still smokes some, but I make him go outside.

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

I used to smoke too. When I was a teen I would think, I've got plenty of years left, I will quit when I get a bit older.

It got to a point where I thought I wouldn't be able to quit unless something really bad happened to my health.

Luckily I was planning to go overseas and wouldn't be able to afford it so I quit before I left and have now been smoke free for 4 years! It helped a lot that no one I knew smoked there :3

Kudos to anyone who has been able to quit smoking, it is definitely a bad habit and it not easy at all to stop. I felt like I could rip someone's face off!

To those who have never smoked and those who have quit - you should all be proud!!

To those who are still trying, you should be proud too and don't give up!! You only fail when you stop trying!! ^_^

I smoked herbs daily for about 2 years, was never tempted to smoke tobacco on its own. Quit because it was making me retarded. I have a lot of respect for people who have managed to quit smoking, its a lot harder than most people think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To quote Psychotic: Smokers are jokers!

But seriously, I don't like smoking in general. There's nothing good about it from my perspective. It stinks, it makes me cough, and it potentially kills my friends. It also damages their voice and skin. I've never held a lit cigarette in my life. But then, having grown up with asthma as a kid, even if I had wanted to (I never did) I wouldn't have been able to. I have a hard enough time breathing when people spray aerosols or perfumes. I don't know why, but I seem to be more sensitive to such things than most people.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've never really got smoking really. My mum smokes, and I do genuinely fear for her life; she's been smoking for decades.

Blog Entries

No, I do not smoke cigarettes anymore. I smoked for about 15 years and switch to a e-cig about a year and a half ago. Save tons of money, I can smell and taste again and my lungs feel one million times better. I do take my daily bong hits still though

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Second-hand cigarette smoke is my #1 worst asthma trigger.
    I've enjoyed a cigar every other month or so for roughly the last year, but I make sure that it's never enough to pose any risk of addiction, or any statistically-significant impact on my health. It's purely a very-occasional accompaniment when enjoying a fine whisky with friends.

:monster:

Do not smoke, have never smoked, will never smoke.

Weed, on the other hand, is a different story, although I haven't used it in awhile.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)