Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, how are you doing on your 2014 Resolutions?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Pink Grin So, how are you doing on your 2014 Resolutions?

We've just hit the halfway mark for the year, and I was wondering how everyone is doing!

1. Lose 30 pounds or more.
    -Not well at all. Starting Monday I will be eating vegetarian for some other health reasons, and I'm going to cut out alcohol for awhile. I hope this helps me some.

2. Grow out my hair until it's completely natural.
    -Completed! I cut a lot of my hair off in March, but it's all natural now. It's back down to about shoulder length in most places.

3. Make more friends.
    -I've made some new EoFF friends and Twitter friends? xD I am hanging out irl with Clo these weeknd, so that counts? To be honest, I'm mostly comfortable with where I am with this.

4. Cultivate a new hobby.
    -Unfortunately belly dancing is postponed until September, but I have been cooking a lot more than I used to? But no, this one isn't really successful at this time.

5. Be nicer to people.
    I think I've succeeded a lot with this resolution; I still have a ways to go, and obviously it's ongoing. But I can really see a difference in my interactions with people, especially over the last few months.

6. Read 75 books or over.
    -I'm currently at 71, so it's safe to call this one a success (if not yet completed, will be a week from now).

7. Volunteer somewhere.
    -Haven't done anything with this one yet.

8. Run an EoFF event once every other month or more.
    -Nah, I kind of fell off with this one and don't have much interest in trying to pick it back up.

9. Stop procrastinating.
    -Nope. Just, nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I didn't make any! Why didn't I make any

Jinxy can you give me some half year resolutions I should do?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

http://threesixstyfive.blogspot.com/

I started that late March and not January, but so far I've stuck to it every single day, which for me is an accomplishment in itself. I've had good experiences, I've traveled, I've tried new things, I've met new people, I got an internship, I've volunteered, I've donated to the less fortunate, but most importantly I've become a stronger, more positive person and I've managed to keep my motivation up for almost 100 days now which is awesome since I usually have trouble motivating myself to change the litter box. Even if something happens that means I won't be able to continue the 365 days of challenges (which I very much don't want to happen) I still think I can call this year a success!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Making headway on my reading goals, opening an etsy story again, finishing the Fallout games, getting a new laptop. Haven't tried a new cocktail yet, but there is still time! I've obtained a lens kit for my camera, and will make mulled wine this winter. I'll be visiting my five new places when I move to New York later this year, if everything goes as planned. My original life plans kindof got a little messed up, so some of the things I wanted to do I will not be able to do. I will still be able to move, though, just not where I wanted.

I have not learned to sew or crochet yet, but there is still time. Same for learning a song on guitar! I will likely not finish all of the FF games this year because welp I just don't care too much right now! Have not made three blog posts a week, good lord. Have not painted - totally forgot I wanted to do that. Probably won't get a fish for a while, either.

Done a good amount of things from my list so far that I'm pleased with. Anything else left over can get kicked into next year

Wait, it's 2014? Oh sh-

I'm about half way through them.

Basically told myselef I was going to fix up my troutty teeth, quit smoking and pay off all of my immediate debt. Currently have about £800 of my overdraft left to pay off until my bank account actually has real money in it, have made it through half of my dental treatment plan.

As for the smoking side of things, I've cut out half of my usual cigarettes, and I've got another six months or so to quit alltogether.

All in all, I'm doing pretty well.

I didn't make any particular resolutions that I can remember, but I've taken numerous steps to improve my life and succeeded at a whole bunch of them. I quit smoking and got a good result in my degree. I am actively hunting out work and had some promising interviews so hopefully I will be able to cross off "get a real job" soon.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I had a few goals, the only one I really cared about was getting my driver's license before summer was over. That has been accomplished!

The other goal is to get comfortable enough with driving to take a short road trip by the end of summer. That hasn't happened yet, but it's scheduled for the end of the month assuming I for sure get the time off work!

Writing goals and reading goals all went out the window for a while really. I had other life things that needed worked out, and now my work schedule is such that it's hard to set up a solid writing schedule. Those writing projects should get started on soon though. Soon I'll be picking up Mister Adequate's book again so I can continue my reading goals as well.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I have not won the lottery yet but Im still alive so I cant complain..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I never bother w/ resolutions because if I say I'm going to do something, I usually won't do it.

There are things I would like to do, but I haven't started much.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My resolution is to take some time and post on EoFF and now destiny is completed!

Blog Entries

My only new years resolution was to travel more and to go to New York for NYE specifically. Lets just say that plans have been made and theres no backing down now

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I've kept every single of my new years resolutions.

Coincidencially, my number of resolutions are zero.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

1. Don't die.

Doing great so far!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar